New comp, anyone?

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives, wisterias
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, Goulburn Bonsai

Re: New comp, anyone?

Post by Jan »

Hi Promethius,
I'm certainly interested.
A comp always keeps you on the "Straight & Narrow" with time points to post developments.
I look forward to seeing what seed might be available and where. Great excuse to look online for something a bit unusual.
I really should be downsizing not adding to the benches but....who can resist temptation to add a few more.
With a June start that's plenty of time to look about for ideas and, possibly, to collect a bit of seed. In my cold climate not much will happen after that for a while as germination/growth can be a bit slow. Good thing it is for 6 years to enable something to develop.

Keep Calm and Ramify, I look forward to seeing what you propose for a short term Comp. Still native, I hope.

Given my vintage short term comps could be advantageous (some of us don't buy green bananas these days! :lol: )

Jan
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Promethius »

Sounds great, KCR!

Jan wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:32 pmGiven my vintage short term comps could be advantageous (some of us don't buy green bananas these days! :lol: )
:lol:
Yes, the username is misspelled: no, I can’t change it.

Andy
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:27 am For further interest - I'll run another (short term) Comp to coincide with this one - details will be uploaded shortly. :tu:
Display Competition details now uploaded in the "sealed" (for members only) section of The Bonsai Cafe. You gotta be a member to take a peek! Hope to see you there soon. ;)

Return to “Current Contest”