The annual Bodhidharma encouragement award 2010

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: The annual Bodhidharma encouragement award 2010

Post by Greth »

I know you dont need the tree Antonio, but I chose you because of the sensible and kind way you help people, maybe Im still remembering your help in BonsaiTalk as well. Pup is another obvious choice, so is Jamie, and there are loads of others I like, but I had to pick only one ( with a special mention for Chris, because he is a quiet sorta bloke but is giving me practical help, on or in the ground, he is the best thing Ausbonsai has given me so far)
Do you have bonsai in your hairdressing salon, Im thinking it would be lovely to lie back for a wash contemplating a lovely Juniper? Im sure I would pay extra for the visual pleasure.
If you are not killing plants, then you are not extending yourself as a gardener..
Leigh Taafe
Maverick
Maverick
Bonsai Age: 36
Bonsai Club: NBPCA

Post by Leigh Taafe »

Antonio is right. Mario's skills speak for themselves. I can vouch for all of the other things, and I hope he doesnt mind me saying these things.
He is a great young guy who isnt pretentious, works hard for his family, and tries to spare a minute for this passion. He learnt quickly by styling and potting hundreds of commercial bonsai in his garage late at night after he finished work and got the 3 kids to bed!

Cheers,
Leigh.
Cheers,
Leigh.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

Greth wrote:I know you dont need the tree Antonio, but I chose you because of the sensible and kind way you help people, maybe Im still remembering your help in BonsaiTalk as well. Pup is another obvious choice, so is Jamie, and there are loads of others I like, but I had to pick only one ( with a special mention for Chris, because he is a quiet sorta bloke but is giving me practical help, on or in the ground, he is the best thing Ausbonsai has given me so far)
Do you have bonsai in your hairdressing salon, Im thinking it would be lovely to lie back for a wash contemplating a lovely Juniper? Im sure I would pay extra for the visual pleasure.

Greth thanks again!, Yes there is always bonsai in my salon. I also work on them in my salon during down time or in between clients. They love it!
xo :D
Regards Antonio:
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

And now we are getting to it people. The correct pride and humility being shown and people thinking about other people in a very positive light. Appreciation for other peoples talent and recognition of their work ethic. Asking ourselves... Who is more deserving than me. :?: As the ever helpful Antonio would say THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Greth »

I guessed! The sort of spiritual peace and sense of beauty one gets from Bonsai has the same feel as going to a caring hairdresser. A little haven and retreat from the busy world. That's where I thought your worlds connected. I bet you soothe your clients troubles away and send them back into the world refeshed and calm, unless there is an Antonio Chop involved (evil laugh)
If you are not killing plants, then you are not extending yourself as a gardener..
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

I had to remind myself who Heshian / Mario was. Now I remember I was very impressed with the little Juniper he did.
101_3272.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

Greth wrote:I guessed! The sort of spiritual peace and sense of beauty one gets from Bonsai has the same feel as going to a caring hairdresser. A little haven and retreat from the busy world. That's where I thought your worlds connected. I bet you soothe your clients troubles away and send them back into the world refeshed and calm, unless there is an Antonio Chop involved (evil laugh)

:lol: :twisted: :lol:
Regards Antonio:
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Greth »

Don't tell me they go out bald and 2" tall..
roka
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper

Post by roka »

Hey Antonio give us a plug where your salon is. Might come in for a prune someday :)
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

tomorrow is March 1st so if you have any other thoughts you want to share and friendships made through A.B you maybe want to announce, today is the day you need to do it. This is the tree as it looks now ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
kvan64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: black pine
Bonsai Age: 16

Post by kvan64 »

I've met quite a lot of nice people since I registered. A lot of these have all the qualities required to be nominated. If I could nominate more than one person, I would have to sit here for an hour to say all the names :)
As to the nomination, I think Jamie deserves this award as he has all the other qualiites plus the outstanding quality of enthusiasm and participation in all aspects of Ausbonsai.

Edit: For the future awards, I'd like to recommend Ausbonsai to also have a yearly luckiest member award as well, where a member is randomly drawn and the luckiest member recieves an award. This probably be the only way I could win an award :lol:
Last edited by kvan64 on February 28th, 2010, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Bonsai is an art of shrinking.
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Greth »

Luciano should get a mention before the judging, his pictures and trees are lovely.
Nothing more to add, Bodhi, Happy Birthday!
You have some hard decision making to do, but at the end of the day, the good contributors have nearly all had a mention, and we will respect your final choice.
Joel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: A yet to be found native
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Post by Joel »

Hi guys!

I only got time to go through this thread now. Bodhi, what a great thing for you to do. It is generosity like this that will keep the bonsai community in australia going strong. Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Brett and Ken. I would like to thank you very much for the nomination. Both you two have inspired me to push on with bonsai when times were tough. Ken, you convinced me to join the school of bonsai. Brett, your enthusiasm allowed me to believe i could achieve results like yours. One day......

Thanks for the kind words Sreeve. And I agree with the nomination of MasonC as well.

Thanks again!
Joel
Shannon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Clerodendrum
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: Canberra, Sunshine Coast, BCI

Post by Shannon »

Budohidharma.... I think I know of a person of which you all speak ..................

Every time the wind blows through his hair .............You hear it whisper........ Humility.....

Every time his foot touches the ground you hear............ Ecology ...................

Every time his finger touches a key board you see.................................... BULLSH*T ...............

Give the tree to me I love English Elms. :lol: Hahahahaaaaaa
Last edited by Shannon on February 28th, 2010, 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jamie
Bonsai passionardo
Bonsai passionardo
Favorite Species: CLERO!!!,ficus, celtis, juniper, elms
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: AUSBONSAI.COM

Post by Jamie »

Shannon wrote:Budohidharma.... I think I know of a person of which you all speak ..................

Every time the wind blows through his hair .............You hear it whisper........ Humility.....

Every time his foot touches the ground you hear............ Ecology ...................

Every time his finger touches a key board you see.................................... BULLSH*T ...............

Give the tree to me I love English Elms. :lol: Hahahahaaaaaa
so is it middies or bundy today shan...? :P :lol:

by the way the elm is looking very healthy bodhi, it is a credit to you and your generousity to be doing this, very kind indeed. :D
SHOHIN YAKUZA!!!
:twisted: taking the top half of trees of since 2005! :twisted:
and growing trees for the future generations! 50+ year plans :D

Return to “Current Contest”