Out From The Shadows: Say "Gday" And WIN!!!

AusBonsai will be holding regular contests about bonsai in Australia and bonsai with Australian natives. Check here for the current contests.
The Specimen
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Out From The Shadows: Say "Gday" And WIN!!!

Post by The Specimen »

Doh!

Im a newbie that got carried away in a very short time.. no chance for prize.. Doh!
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Post by kcpoole »

The Specimen wrote:Doh!

Im a newbie that got carried away in a very short time.. no chance for prize.. Doh!
Lol now thats funny :lol:
but no matter as you participate. :yes:

Ken
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
The Specimen
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by The Specimen »

Gday Ken your always floating around the forum which is great and mighty helpful too to the many that post here :cool:

After my reply to this post i realized the date of the original thread :oops:
Bonsai4ever
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 38
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Bonsai4ever »

Hi Jase, not sure if you are still participating on site but just had to reply to your intro and compliment you on the fine restoration on the Plymouth. With such attention to detail Bonsai should be right up your alley.
Shinkitai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Lots
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast Tweed Bonsai Club

Post by Shinkitai »

Hi, My name is Adam I have joined up recently and have posted 20 times.

Played around with Bonsai off and on for a number of years. I had my 40th birthday recently and had a couple of my trees as center pieces. Everyone thought they were cool, but I looked at them and could see how much I didn't know so have decided to get serious and ramp up the learning as much as I can. Joined the local club, searched the internet and joined this forum. Loving the advice, examples and community of this forum.

The more I learn the more I realize I don't know. With what I am learning I have gotten aggressive on my existing trees with some heavy styling and some bare stumps to try and improve them. According to my wife I now have a collection of sticks! But I can see a bright future :D
mal
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: All of them
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by mal »

Hi everyone,
My name is Mal; I have been in the “Lurking in the Shadows” so to speak since November 2009. During this time I have only posted 8 times.
I have enjoyed pottering around with Bonsai for years before this unfortunately I was in the :flag: Defence Force and hence, hardly home to care for my plants, there is not a great deal of room on a navy ship. It was a hobby that was pursued by going to the odd show, nursery and or reading this forum when i had the opportunity.
The past few years my hobby has grown and I have gathered quite a collection mostly Natives. I have been the busiest this year re-potting, snipping, trimming watering and just having fun that’s what is all about after all isn’t it? Thanks to this great forum, and the information that others provide free of charge, learning this art has been made so much easier. :tu:

Return to “Current Contest”