Large Oval Glazed Pot

A place to talk about Australian bonsai potters and pottery.
Andew09
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Victoria

Large Oval Glazed Pot

Post by Andew09 »

Some help needed guys!!! :reading:

I'm after a large(ish) glazed oval pot for a Japanese Maple which i have recently purchased. I want to sit the tree to the right side of the pot and have it move over the pot. Below are some images of the tree. By measurement, and this is taking into fact that i'll do some ramification come spring the tree is going to be around 600mm high. The base is around 7cm.

These being the tree sizes i was thinking something around the 40-45cm oval shaped size. Thinking i'd have about 6-7cm depth as the tree is still growing and i have got in my mind a cream glazed colour for some reason...

I'd prefer to not have any lips or bevelling to the edges. Just a nice smart oval to compliment the tree.

Now in saying all of this. Is there anyone out there that could help me out? These are certianly not the definitive sizes/shape/colour but just what i have in my head at present. Any help would be very much appreciated. Images of the tree are pre work and just to give an idea of the tree itself.

Look forward to hearing some responses. :D

And thanks in advance!!! Andy
IMG_1427.JPG
IMG_1431.JPG
IMG_1420.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nick-laing
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: Large Oval Glazed Pot

Post by nick-laing »

Hi Andrew,

Mate I have some cheap large oval pots that I don't use...Purchased a heap and never used them.

You are welcome to have some if you want.

Pickup from Northcote. I am moving from my apartment this weekend so if you like you can pick them up. PM me if your interested. I dont have any photos on me.

...This offer is open to anyone in Melbourne thats a member also.
Andew09
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Victoria

Re: Large Oval Glazed Pot

Post by Andew09 »

Nick,

Just PM'd. Thanks so much for your response. Contact me when you can. Cheers

Return to “Australian Bonsai Potters”