Allocasuarina Littoralis [Ryceman3]

She-Oak, Australian Pine

Re: Allocasuarina Littoralis [Ryceman3]

Postby delisea » December 23rd, 2017, 9:37 am

Hi Ryceman,
Keep the progression coming. Nice design, I am keen to see where you take these.
Cheers,
Symon
delisea
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Postby Ryceman3 » December 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am

delisea wrote:Hi Ryceman,
Keep the progression coming. Nice design, I am keen to see where you take these.
Cheers,
Symon

Thanks, I think next up will be a root prune just to keep it all under control under the soil ... I'll keep the thread updated, appreciate the comments.
:beer:
"NO CUTS, NO GLORY"
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: Right now ... pines
Bonsai Age: 4

Postby Ryceman3 » January 16th, 2018, 4:35 pm

As promised , I did a repot today on two of the three in this thread... the other one will have to wait as it looks to have dried out a bit and is suffering slightly so thought I might give it a big drink and let it recover before doing anything drastic to the roots on that one.

I have repotted into the same pots after trimming back the root ball probably in excess of 60-70% on both. There seemed to be plenty of finer roots so I think it all should be OK for both of them. I also used a different, more "bonsai" potting mix so I'll be interested to see how this affects growth rates ... next year I think I'll be looking for some actual bonsai pots for these two - I am officially on the hunt! The photos attached give a glimpse of what I did (and are also a reference for me so I remember next time how much I took off this time!)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"NO CUTS, NO GLORY"
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Postby Ryceman3 » March 12th, 2018, 12:14 pm

It's been almost 2 months since the repot and growth has been decent.
While others up North found themselves a bit busy at a bonsai sale yesterday ( :mrgreen: ), I kept myself busy doing a bit of trimming and wiring to get this one back into shape.
Results below!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"NO CUTS, NO GLORY"
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Previous

Return to Casuarina and Alocasuarina