Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia howittii
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: CBS, WCBG

Allocasuarina torulosa

Post by LLK »

Hi,

I was asked to post a separate photo of the Casuarina that is visible in the photo of my Crabapple (see viewtopic.php?f=132&t=9596). I attach it here below, warts and all. It is an Allocasuarina torulosa, bought in 2004, and planted in a mixed group of natives in 2005. See a photo of this also below. In the intervening years the small natives had to be removed or died, until only the dwarf Babingtonia virgata remained, and that isn't doing too well. In compensation, the Casuarina has produced two suckers at its base. See separate photo. It is sitting in a beautiful Pat Kennedy pot, and needs repotting urgently. Quite a problem for me, as tree and pot together weigh a ton. (I.e. my concept of a ton. ;) ) The weight is also the reason why I didn't transport the tree to a place with a better background. Please excuse!

Best wishes,

Lisa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LLK on September 25th, 2011, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornet
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Natives, Mosses
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Allocasuarina torulosa

Post by Hornet »

very nice, thanks for posting the pics up for me :). Collected a bunch of casuarina and allocasuarina seed over the past few days, time to sow and see what comes from them.

John

Return to “Casuarina and Alocasuarina”