To late to prune ?

Share your success stories about defoliation, bare rooting and anything else relating to maintaining healthy bonsai.
Laethe
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3

To late to prune ?

Post by Laethe »

Just picked up an Atlantic Cedar (stock tree) from Bonsai South today and of course wanting to prune it to give some shape.
This is my first venture with this species and dont want to get off on the wrong foot with them :)

Couldn't find anything saying not to you but hey you never know.

On a side note my visit to Bonsai south today was the most pleasant experience I have had to date at any bonsai nursery! I think that will be a weekly trip from now on
Last edited by Laethe on May 24th, 2009, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: To late to prune ?

Post by Bretts »

I am thinking like the pine as the ceder slows down in winter this will be a good time to do major pruning as it limits the amount of sap lost. I would think now or very soon. Someone else should clarify for us thopugh :)
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
marleeney
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs
Bonsai Age: 20

Post by marleeney »

Bonsai South Nursery is a fantastic place. Hope you met Leong? Not much he doesn't know about bonsai. You can't go wrong with this nursery for sure
Marleeney :D
Laethe
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3

Post by Laethe »

Not sure if it was but he doesnt work on Friday, who ever it was I mentioned I was having some issue's with my trident and in bout 15 seconds I had the answer!

Very helpful, very friendly ..... and I was very appreciative
Last edited by Laethe on May 24th, 2009, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tips, Techniques, Maintenance and Advice”