why r some of my tea seedlings purple?

Share your success stories about defoliation, bare rooting and anything else relating to maintaining healthy bonsai.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: why r some of my tea seedlings purple?

Post by shibui »

That little green bug looks like an aphid Arklan. This one may not be interested in your seedlings today but keep a close eye on them because one of its friends or babies are sure to like the look of them before long.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arklan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by arklan »

ok my leopard tree just dropped 2 more leaves, and one of them was hanging in the air by a small spider web so im gonna guess red spider mite.
i have tried the tapping on a paper trick and havent seen anything and iv looked under the leaves and havent seen any eggs but im gonna try the flour milk and water spray to see what happens.
this is the only leopard tree to sprout out of all the seeds i had so ill be devo if it dies :(
arklan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by arklan »

i repotted it last week to a more aerated and less wet mix last week.
i also gave it a spray with some copper based fungicide and have also sprayed it with confidor a week before that
the powdery stuff on the leaves is the leftovers of the fungicide and the cornflour stuff i spray it with, nothing seems to have helped
i read that they dont like wind or cold so i moved the plant inside to a 2x3m west facing window.
its been very slowly trying to grow the next pair of leaves in the middle but its like something is holding it back i wish i knew what was going on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tips, Techniques, Maintenance and Advice”