Melaleuca rhaphiophylla question

Share your success stories about defoliation, bare rooting and anything else relating to maintaining healthy bonsai.
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleuca and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of WA

Re: Melaleuca rhaphiophylla question

Post by Jason »

izzykay wrote:Thanks guys, Ill give it a treatment and hopefully post up some positive results soon. It wont upset my lil friend who stays here most nights will it?
20141125_221829.jpg
That is very cool :) I imagine it probably wouldn't be good for him though, so maybe put the tree in another drip tray whilst you treat it, and put another tree in that one so you don't bother him any :P

Make sure you follow the saftey instructions if you use rogor, that stuff can be dangerous if not used correctly (dust mask, etc) :yes:
Have a question? The AusBonsai Wiki most likely has the answer!

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

Jason wrote:
izzykay wrote:Thanks guys, Ill give it a treatment and hopefully post up some positive results soon. It wont upset my lil friend who stays here most nights will it?
20141125_221829.jpg
That is very cool :) I imagine it probably wouldn't be good for him though, so maybe put the tree in another drip tray whilst you treat it, and put another tree in that one so you don't bother him any :P

Make sure you follow the saftey instructions if you use rogor, that stuff can be dangerous if not used correctly (dust mask, etc) :yes:
Has not affected my frogs they are still breeding, bloody nuisance now. :palm: :shake:
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleuca and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of WA

Post by Jason »

Pup wrote:
Jason wrote:
20141125_221829.jpg

Has not affected my frogs they are still breeding, bloody nuisance now. :palm: :shake:
Well there you go! Thanks for that Pup, I have a few in my yard too and am always paranoid about where I spray because of them

Always worried about creating some teenage mutant frogs or something ;) :lol:
Have a question? The AusBonsai Wiki most likely has the answer!

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

Pup wrote: Has not affected my frogs they are still breeding, bloody nuisance now. :palm: :shake:

well don't let word out the Rogor is a frog aphrodisiac! Otherwise they'll all want some ... :lol:

Heaven help us if the Cane Toads get a hold of this ... :o
Cheers
Elmar
izzykay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by izzykay »

Haha, I will report back here if I get plagues of frogs or ninja frogs. I hope cane toads never make it to Perth although if they do make it my golf skills would probably improve immensely.

Return to “Tips, Techniques, Maintenance and Advice”