Repotting info

Share your success stories about defoliation, bare rooting and anything else relating to maintaining healthy bonsai.
Ilithya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: wisteria
Bonsai Age: 0

Repotting info

Post by Ilithya »

Hello everyone, What will happen when i repot my bonsai early or not on the time?

Thank you
Ilithya

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Re: Repotting info

Post by dansai »

What trees are you talking about? Some species will die, some sulk and some power on regardless
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Also depends on how much root you remove, wether you bare root, slip pot or some where inbetween and how your after care is.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
Ilithya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ilithya »

dansai wrote:What trees are you talking about? Some species will die, some sulk and some power on regardless
Japanese black pine and Prunus negra. hope they will be ok.[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Thank you
Edwin

Ilithya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ilithya »

This is what i have and did not repot it. ill wait for another months. hope that one day it will become like this.ImageImage

dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Black pine should be ok. Not sure on the Prunus. They are usually done just before bud burst.

Be very careful with your watering until you see new growth. The black pine still has foliage so will use water but at a reduced rate. Let it dry out a little before dewatering or you might root rot. The Prunus be even more careful. It will not be using water and will not grow new roots until spring so may be susceptible to root rot.

Ilithya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ilithya »

dansai wrote:Black pine should be ok. Not sure on the Prunus. They are usually done just before bud burst.

Be very careful with your watering until you see new growth. The black pine still has foliage so will use water but at a reduced rate. Let it dry out a little before dewatering or you might root rot. The Prunus be even more careful. It will not be using water and will not grow new roots until spring so may be susceptible to root rot.
Sir, Thank you so much for your advace.

Thanks
Ilithya

Return to “Tips, Techniques, Maintenance and Advice”