wattynine
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: bonsai
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: Backyard Bonsai

Melalueca sylvana

Post by wattynine »

A nursery in the Atherton Tablelands is closing down, another sad loss to the nursery business as this is fairly specific to Australian Native trees
Known as Yagura, it is up for liquidation.
I have had the opportunity to pick up some trees from the over the years and they will be a sad loss to me also if they close.
This one (of two) that I got for the day, and at $16 is a tree only discovered in NQ in 2004 at a little place called Ravenswood in NQ. so very endemic to NQ.
It apparently grows normally, mostly as a tree as opposed to a multi trunk clump as it's close relatives do but as you can see this clearly wants to be a clump, so why fight it.
This as you can imagine is simply its first haircut, I have an idea as to a front but that will not doubt change, it's back to my "junk pile" for a couple of years now to see what it does.
The diversity of foliage on Mel's never ceases to amaze me, when you look at this and its twin post
Hope you enjoy
Watty
1 Mel sylvana.JPG
2.1 Mel sylvana.jpg
4.1 Mel sylvana.jpg
5.1 Mel sylvana.jpg
6.1 Mel sylvana.jpg
7 Mel sylvana.JPG
8 Mel sylvana.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wattynine on February 7th, 2016, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
izzykay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: Melalueca sylvana

Post by izzykay »

I like the look of this one, will be interesting to see the growth habit. Please keep it updated :yes: I think you got a good score here and something a bit different.
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by peterb »

Hi watty , is it a paperbark Mel. Looking good
Peterb
wattynine
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: bonsai
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: Backyard Bonsai

Post by wattynine »

Yes, it is a paperbark, have peeled of some layers and disposed just for any unknown pathogens possible, but the bark will all come back again of course,
Thanks for the interest
Watty

Return to “Melaleuca”