Post your latest purchase or impulse buy

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
DaveZ
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Post your latest purchase or impulse buy

Post by DaveZ »

JimmyTheSkip wrote: January 8th, 2024, 1:35 pm Not the best photo, and not a bonsai yet. I grew up with a Feijoa plant in our yard and loved the fruit. Never seen one as a bonsai so I'm keen to see if I can do something with it. If I decide this tree is not good stock for a bonsai maybe I'll get some fruit off it and I can propagate some from seed and I can work the roots from the beginning.

IMG_2585.jpg
I have a strawberry guava that I'm working on, not quite the same as feijoa but similar. I reckon it'll be a vigorous grower and should make a nice tree.
This is the only pic I have currently, it doesn't look like this anymore as I've done some major branch cuts since then.

I'm trying to pick up the occasional Aussie made pot where I can. Money's tight so they are few and far between, but I scored these two recently. Now just need to get my trees to a worthy standard :whistle:

Cheers,
Dave.

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”