A new Callistemon

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.

Re: A new Callistemon

Postby alpineart » April 21st, 2016, 3:52 pm

This was in need of a good work-over and it got it today
P1110645.JPG
P1110646.JPG
P1110647.JPG
P1110650.JPG
. Turned inside out and around about to end up like this
P1110653.JPG
P1110655.JPG
. More than happy with the progression over the last 2 years , should look a treat in flower ??.

Cheers . Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai- Albury Wodonga Bonsai Club

Postby Elmar » April 21st, 2016, 4:24 pm

Wow, nice! Not sure where your going with it, but the 'plucked' look right now suits the whole look of the tree and pot! Almost as if it's surviving by a thread on a cave somewhere in a very harsh environment... Love the look.
Cheers
Elmar
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Postby Watto » April 21st, 2016, 5:30 pm

Thanks for the up-date. Progressions are one of my favorites as you get to see how other artists manage their plants and this has really moved in the right direction. Thanks again.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age:
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Postby alpineart » April 21st, 2016, 7:41 pm

Elmar wrote:Wow, nice! Not sure where your going with it, but the 'plucked' look right now suits the whole look of the tree and pot! Almost as if it's surviving by a thread on a cave somewhere in a very harsh environment... Love the look.

Hi Elmar , its going exactly how it was planned the day i collected it , I don't know what the plucked look is , but it has been trimmed and wired only . Yes it is surviving and quite well , in my harsh environment . It should still survive if this hasn't killed it , collection didn't , so it has a good chance .

Cheers Alpine
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Postby alpineart » April 21st, 2016, 7:52 pm

Hi Watto , mate I don't have the time or patience with dodgy computers , even this new one , and or service providers to do regular topics or updates . I can keep tabs on you buggers but can't log in when I want too . Its a bit like trimming bonsai blind folded and the issues remain even with all the help from Ken . I saw this design the moment I collected the trunk along with a few others however most of the original foliage /shoots died off . This is the only survivor and plaiting the new shoots together adds a bit of alpine character to the work .

its a keeper so i don't mind the character or uniqueness of the trunk or design ..

Cheers . Alpine
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Postby Elmar » April 21st, 2016, 11:13 pm

alpineart wrote:Hi Elmar , its going exactly how it was planned the day i collected it , I don't know what the plucked look is , but it has been trimmed and wired only . Yes it is surviving and quite well , in my harsh environment . It should still survive if this hasn't killed it , collection didn't , so it has a good chance .

Cheers Alpine

Sorry mate, that wasn't meant in a mean spirit! I was referring to the last 2 pics, what looks to be defoliated... To me, it looks like it's been living a tortured life (as in as a tree in the wild - not at your hands!). I intended my statement as a compliment. I really like the whole composition, even now, when it's not finished... :oops:
Cheers
Elmar
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Postby Andreas » April 21st, 2016, 11:31 pm

Nice pick, best of luck
Andreas
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 20

Postby alpineart » April 22nd, 2016, 5:36 am

Hi Elmar , you mean sprit you :whistle: . Mate I wasn't offended my hide a bit thicker than that :lol: . It hasnn't been defoliated but cut back hard and all the un-necessary /unrequired branches and shoots removed :yes: . Life in the wild is sometimes a bit more :yes: tree friendlier than here :oops: . I took it as a compliment honestly , I was just being a bit of a smart arse :palm: .

Like i said in an earlier topic , "no rules here" so I would expect to get a bit of flack but I have worked outside the square and it suits me , I like it . About the only thing that has improved around here is my wiring skills thank to a kick in the butt by an older more experience W.A Member many years ago , my bad attitude remains the same regarding all the other aspects including designs and styles . Dare to be different leaves a lasting impression be it good or bad

Cheers Mate . Alpine
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Postby alpineart » April 22nd, 2016, 5:40 am

Hi Andreas , thanks mate , luck on the side of the tree , it has grown good roots and it can reside in this pot for a couple of years without and disturbances from me .

Cheers . Alpine
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Postby zimzallabim » January 14th, 2017, 6:15 pm

How's Th is going?

Sent from my D6683 using Tapatalk
zimzallabim