A new Cotonester

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
rayner gordon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: A new Cotonester

Post by rayner gordon »

Any updates?

Regards

Sent from my MotionE11 using Tapatalk
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Post by alpineart »

Hi rayner gordon ,

Mate these were planted in a grow bed which was burried when the excavator re-cut the new terraces .

Arnold assumed they were just noxious weeds , so he ripped them out and dumped 20 tonnes of fill from the cutting on top creating a new terrace , {instruction weren't clear and precise} . Chinese elm root cuttings and Desert ash trunks were also lost .

A severe thunder storm hit during the works and I wasnt standing around with an umberella keeping tabs on the operator , hence he had to return a couple of month later to re-cut the main terraces

Cheers . Alpineart
rayner gordon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by rayner gordon »

:o sorry to hear Alpine. Im on the lookout for a big cotoneaster to dig theres a few around town and also a couple next to the road outside of town on the way to work, all of them have orange berrys not the normal red. i have a small horizontalis with a base of around 25mm but still raw nursery stock.

Regards
Rayner

Sent from my MotionE11 using Tapatalk

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”