Shipping trees to Western Australia ?

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
Paulneill
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: Shipping trees to Western Australia ?

Post by Paulneill »

Thanks for all the good info. It all sounds like a nightmare. I have a 4 good trees I have been developing them for about 4 years and don't want it all to be a wast of time. I'm now thinking about posting them to my dad in Ireland but I'm not sure what way they will Handel to transition from summer to winter.
Billy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Billy »

Paulneill wrote: I have a 4 good trees I have been developing them for about 4 years and don't want it all to be a wast of time
The experience gained from growing several Nice trees could never be considered a waste of time.

What about donating them to another experienced grower OR the closest Bonsai Club .
:)
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

Paulneill wrote:Thanks for all the good info. It all sounds like a nightmare. I have a 4 good trees I have been developing them for about 4 years and don't want it all to be a wast of time. I'm now thinking about posting them to my dad in Ireland but I'm not sure what way they will Handel to transition from summer to winter.

G'Day Paul,
I'd be the opposite - based on what I've read here I would actually consider buying from over East now myself! It doesn't seem (if true) to be so bad ... I thought it would be much harder!

At worst, you can still send them to Ireland and you've not lost anything. :tu:
Cheers
Elmar

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”