Ausbonsai market apple layer

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: CBS

Re: Ausbonsai market apple layer

Post by GavinG »

Is that just before your three week growing season?? I think it's cold here, but my crab has already started to bud out.

The tree on the step below looks interesting - any chance of a photo?

Gavin
Nate.bonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Nate.bonsai »

Cool display Sno, the little ones all lined up on the rusted staircase is very, very cool.
Kevin
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 30

Post by Kevin »

Nate.bonsai wrote:Cool display Sno, the little ones all lined up on the rusted staircase is very, very cool.
G'Day Sno,
Where's the snow :?:
The News has reported record levels of snowfall over the past week or so.
I've been thinking of you and waiting for those special photos you have posted in the past Winters.
And i completely agree with Nate - where do you source those unique artifacts which you decorate your property with :?:

Kevin
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

GavinG wrote:Is that just before your three week growing season?? I think it's cold here, but my crab has already started to bud out.

The tree on the step below looks interesting - any chance of a photo?

Gavin
Three week growing season :lost: ah that must be in the future when global warming really kicks in ;) .ill take a better photo of the " other tree " tomorrow , but it's more interesting from afar at this stage . I'm going to put it back into a pond pot soon . It's got great potential but it needs more time . I've been developing it for about 3 years now but as you know bonsai is a long game and three years is but a blink .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Nate.bonsai wrote:Cool display Sno, the little ones all lined up on the rusted staircase is very, very cool.
Hi Nate ,thanks .

[quote="Nate.bonsai is very, very cool.[/quote] sometimes .
image.jpeg
It's actually quite practical , a few years ago during one of our mountain gales this branch literally flew 30m with no damage .
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Hi Kevin .i hope your well . We've had a few snowfalls at my altitude this season but most of it has been above 1300 m . My home is at 1200 m although the properties top boundary is about 1350 . There has been snow at the top for over a month . The season started late , it's getting better .

Kevin wrote "where do you source those unique artifacts which you decorate your property with :?:"
Most of the stuff I've scrounged at the tip or tip shops in my region . The staircase was one of a matching pair that was on the scrap metal pile at the local tip, paid probably at the most $5 , the first one I used as access in a rock retaining wall that I built . This one was hanging around and I needed to do something with it so this is what I came up with .
Cheers Craig
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Hi Gavin . A photo of the other the other apple , this one is from seed it hasn't flowered yet . The snow is conveniently covering the bits I want to sort out .
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by GavinG »

Great shot Sno, thanks. If the trunk's a bit feral, should the roots be all nice and tidy? Just asking.

Gavin
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

The roots are petty narly ,which I'm happy with . I've got to sort out the chop on the front I had some lower small branches growing around the chop but they kept getting mildew last year . I was thinking a year or so back in a pond pot will give it more vigor other wise I'll make a feature of the chop . My biggest problem is I have collected to many nice pots and I'm itching to fill them ,must be patient .

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”