Seed is ready

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Seed is ready

Post by shibui »

It's that time of year again. Seed is ripe on most of the exotics, ready for those of us silly enough to want to grow bonsai from the start.
The trees in our garden have a really good crop of seed this year and I'm happy to pick and post to those who want some again this year (not to Tas or WA - don't complain to me, I don't make the rules)

Small seed - $3 for a small pack up to 50 seeds = $2 post up to 4 packets. Ask about larger quantities if you think you want more than that.
Trident maple
Japanese maple - We have a range of different forms of JM in the garden but you need to remember that any tree grown from seed will be slightly different from the parent tree so I will not label them with the variety name. If you do have any specific attributes in mind (leaf shape, autumn colour, leaf size, tree size, etc) I may be able to select seed from trees that may give you a better chance of getting a tree like that.
Chinese quince

English oak - larger seed. Up to 20 seeds for $5 + $8 to cover post.

Also available again this year: Trident maple seedlings. Margrit would love to get rid of some more of the thousands that germinate every year. Smaller numbers of Japanese maple seedlings as well.

PM or email neil@shibuibonsai.com.au
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stenno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Seed is ready

Post by Stenno »

PM sent.

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”