When and where to collect Hawthorne?

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Re: When and where to collect Hawthorne?

Post by Graeme »

Sime76 wrote:
Graeme wrote: Sale - well it's not far if you let the missus drive and you take a nap :lol:
I'm actually heading up that way soon, going past Bairnsdale. Once your in the area then what? I assume you can't just pull over on the princess HWY and start digging!
I assume I'll need to find some sort of park land etc... Any tips?

I don't think I'll be able to do any digging on this trip unfortunetly. I'll at least try and suss out some locations.
Mate, the things are growing everywhere around Sale, with a lot of them in the irrigation ditches. When I lived there I simply called in to a couple of the Cow Cockies properties and explained to them what I was after and they let me go for my life. Some of the Farmers use them as hedgerows and for obvious reasons didn't want me hacking into them, but the ones in the drains I was doing them a favour. Just make sure you follow dig etiquete and clean up after you are finished digging. ;)
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”