Tristania laurina ǀ Water Gum

AnneK
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: School of Bonsai

Re: Tristania laurina ǀ Water Gum

Post by AnneK »

Rewired and tweaked this one a bit but I think it may need to be tilted a little to the left. Thoughts?

Nah! Just move it left!

Regards, AnneK.
My favourite tree is the one I'm working on at any given time.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

This one was repotted into a Pat Kennedy pot early this year and last night had a trim. It recently dropped it's bark so the trunk is looking fresh.

Squizzy and I were discussing these last night and we agreed that they really should be on the list of tree's for beginners due to how hardy and easy to train they are. What do others think?
2017 October (R).JPG
Regards,
Steven
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
bonborn
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by bonborn »

Steven wrote:This one was repotted into a Pat Kennedy pot early this year and last night had a trim. It recently dropped it's bark so the trunk is looking fresh.

Squizzy and I were discussing these last night and we agreed that they really should be on the list of tree's for beginners due to how hardy and easy to train they are. What do others think?
2017 October (R).JPG
Regards,
Steven
I love love love watergums. They are so easy to work with. I currently have in my posession 2. Both have had massive root work so are sulking away but i know will survive.
delisea
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Post by delisea »

They are great for any level: three types of bark - there is an older cracked bark that this one hasn't developed yet - leaves that miniaturise easily and tough as boots. They also smell great when you work on them.
I find it hard to find pictures of large old trees. Around me they are mostly in dense forest so they are long and leggy. If anyone has a picture of an old large tree with character I would love to see it.
Great shohin Steven.
Cheers,
Symon

Return to “Tristaniopsis Laurina”