Duranta stump

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Raging Bull
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast-Tweed

Re: Duranta stump

Post by Raging Bull »

Thanks for that info SueBee. :yes: I had a vague knowledge that it is poisonous, though not to that extent. I have a relatively small self-sown duranta next to my back fence which I want to dig up and make into a bonsai. I'll be more careful, knowing now how it's potentially dangerous.
Kyle GoldCoast
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Fig & Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Kyle GoldCoast »

Hi John,
Looks awesome. I recently found a log with sprouts and root that I potted up into a nice raft style, very similar to yours. This is the thread if you wanted some ideas of a similar project viewtopic.php?f=104&t=25129
jgmansell
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus,Bougainvillea juniper
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Queensland

Post by jgmansell »

Nothing much to report on this Radsonic, it is growing strongly and will leave it alone till next year.
Thanks SueBee, I had no idea they are poisonous,but no problems so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marlon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Duranta, Ficus, Bottlebrush, Eucalyptus
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Marlon »

Hello,

Any update on the duranta? They are very common in my neck o' the woods. I was searching online, pintrest too. I came across this link https://ricardopaiva.wordpress.com/meus ... ta-grande/

Its in portugese but the translate feauture works rather well, plus the photos. Its quite educational.

I will be collecting five, rather large duranta, with permission of course. Will post photos. Although I will have to leave them alone for a while. It would be interesting to hear which way people think they can go.

Cheers

Return to “The Menu”