Frog/Toad

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: Frog/Toad

Post by MJL »

Cheers folks, settled I reckon.L. dumerilii it is - albeit I have never heard make the bonk sound, I am sure of that.

DangerousDave - your photo is very similar to what I saw and yes, my phone photo in the dark are not the clearest.

I am right that frogs are generally a sign of a good, healthy environment aren't I. Nothing to worry about here - more to celebrate a garden that welcomes such critters.

Thanks again. Good forum this!
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: Frog/Toad

Post by MJL »

Well ... perhaps I haven’t heard it because I haven’t been listening! Earlier today,I was trimming a little English Elm in the rain (Yeah, strange I know but it wasn’t cold and I quite like the garden when it’s drizzling) anyway .... I heard the Bonk noise... the little dude was hidden but saying hello (or ‘what’s that crazy human doing out here in the rain!’) - it’s quite an attractive sound. How weird that I heard it for the first time after this thread. Cool.

Bonsai teaches me patience.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “The Menu”