Resizing fotos

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Beano
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3

Re: Resizing fotos

Post by Beano »

Rustyck wrote:Really? Testing this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s what it looks like from the actual forum. In your case most of the tree is visible but still half the picture is missing:
Rustyck
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Rustyck »

Beano wrote:
Rustyck wrote:Really? Testing this out

Here’s what it looks like from the actual forum. In your case most of the tree is visible but still half the picture is missing:
Ahh yeah, nice one Beano, looks fine on a computer and Tapatalk but browsing on the website on an iOS device causes that side cut off....
My god, can never win!

Rustyck
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Resizing fotos

Post by Rustyck »

Bonsai*beginner wrote:Thanks Rustyck if you could that would be great thanks ,I need all the help I can get .
Try Beano’s suggestion of looking where that resize app saves the new photo, then when uploading choosing that photo rather than the original!
I haven’t used that resize app I’m sorry!
And sorry if I added to the confusion haha.

Last edited by Rustyck on October 26th, 2018, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Resizing fotos

Post by MJL »

Howdy folks - I use an Apple MacBook and an iPhone. I will try to explain my approach - and my apologies in advance if this assistance is more confusing. I do not have an iPad but I reckon the process will be similar. I'll try my best.

Also - for those use Apple devices - if you can visit a physical Apple Store and walk up to their 'Genius Bar' you'll get great assistance; they absolutely will help - I am sure.

Anyway - the key Application that I use is Apple Photos - it comes loaded as part of the Phone, iPad and or any other Apple computer. Here's the support thread to learn more about Apple Photos https://support.apple.com/en-au/photos

What follows below are instructions for a computer (Apple) and a phone or iPad (Apple). Firstly, the computer ... .

On my MacBook (aka normal computer - not an iPad or iPhone) - assuming people know how to load photos from their camera onto their computer; your photos will reside in the Photos app on the computer. (If you do not know how to load photos onto your computer - the link above will help you.) OK - now we have the phots on the computer - how do we resize them to use on this forum. I export them to a separate folder on my Desktop (ie - a file located in a seperate file on my computer.).

Here's a few screenshots to help. (Please note - for those new to this forum - if you click on the photos below - they will enlarge; you do not need to look at the small thumbnail.)

Here are some photos as they appear in the Photos application:
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.28.07 am.jpg
After selecting the photo or photos I want to export here's the file size that I choose - take note of below - it will help you with a size that works for this forum:
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.28.57 am.jpg
I then press export and choose location on my computer to export the resized photo too.
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.29.41 am.jpg
After I have followed this - it is just a matter of writing a post (as I am now doing) - upload the attachments that I want to use. (When you are writing a post - you'll see below the writing window a tab that says upload attachments ... click on that, browse your computer to where you saved the exported photo and click on 'add the file' this will take a few seconds - now - you still need to then place the file where you want it in the post that you are writing. If you click on 'place inline' - the uploaded file will be placed wherever you cursor is located in the white text box.) The screenshot below shows the text box I ma writing now and how you upload attachments first - (see in the green below this text box) and then see how the photo file is placed in line in this white text box too.

... I feel like I might be confusing people .... I am trying really hard no too.
Ok - On my phone - I take a photo (with the iPhone camera) and off it goes into my photo album on my phone. (this should be the same as you taking a photo on an iPad. If I want to view my photos, I open the Photos application and I can see all my photos. Again, I assume the process is the same of you are taking a photo with your iPad. (I could use the cloud but or the purposes of this explanation - I am just going to assume the photos are saved to your iPhone.)

So I think that part is reasonably simple. Now.... I have downloaded the Tapatalk App from the Apple App Store and it is free. Furthermore, I do not pay a monthly subsripction or anything like that - so you don't need to pay. Paying would remove adds and give you more functionality (that's another story.) But assuming you have Tapatalk too... Follow Tapatalk instructions to register (but again no need to pay)

Search Tapatalk for the AusBonsai group and join the Group. You'll now have AusBonsai in your feed. Then it's a pretty simple process to post comments, reply and add photos - no need to resize, just use write a post on your phone/iPad - when you want to attach photo - hit the little paperclip icon - go to the photo on your phone and woooshka babushka ... there's you photo - hit reply and bang there you have it. Done.

Everyone even more confused now... sorry ... I am not a techo but I gave it my best for 6am. :tu: :whistle:

Cheers,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MJL on October 27th, 2018, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

The text above was from my computer and now here is a super quick post/reply from my phone using Tapatalk.

This forest needs a deoliation....
IMG_5379.jpg
Photo taken 1 minute ago. Good luck and I hope this helped. Otherwise - whip into a Apple store somewhere soon. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Bonsai teaches me patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “The Menu”