Happy Anniversary AusBonsai

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Re: Happy Anniversary AusBonsai

Post by Graeme »

Congratulations and well dones all round to the many contributors of this fine upstanding Family Forum of Bonsai Nutters. Thank you Steven for starting the whole thing up and for allowing me to visit each and every day, although one day I hope to introduce you to someone who doesn't agree - she believes I should be doing stuff other than sitting here all the time I do. ;)
Will those impressive stats you have posted up Steven, I now find I am feeling very shy and will have to withdraw back into my shell! Bit unnerving to realise that over 800 people a day now realise I have no idea what I am talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion
aaron_tas
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
Favorite Species: ulmus
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: south tas, Illawarra, Launceston

Post by aaron_tas »

awesome :!: :!:

well done everyone, and thanks to every one that set this place up and that keep it going :arrow: great work

:D
inspired by nature,
considered superior to nature.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Well done A.B. I truly enjoy being a part of this site and the projects it supports. I think it is the premier site for us Aussies. It also inspires Aussies to be a part of the world stage of Bonsai.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Sharp
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by Sharp »

Hey congratulations to everyone involved with the AusBonsai community.
This is a great site with great people and information and here's to many more years to come.
Peter Hobbs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: BSQ and CBS

Post by Peter Hobbs »

As a very 'new comer' to the site I would like to add my congratulations to Steven and AusBonsai...in the short time I have been a member I have already learnt so much and made great friends as well...I could not sing your praises higher...many happy returns and many more such milestones to come, cheers, Peter
“Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven
FlyBri
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Eucalyptus camaldulensis
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai.com

Post by FlyBri »

Gday folks!

I'd like to wish Steven and AusBonsai a very happy anniversary too. Sorry that paid work has kept me from replying sooner, but I am pleased to say that I am now gainfully unemployed, and hope to spend a lot more time online.

BTW, I have noticed that today marks my 2nd anniversary as an AusBonsai Member/Enthusiast.

Viva la AusBonsai!!!

Fly.
NaturalSelection
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs Mels Olives
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: none yet

Post by NaturalSelection »

Happy Anniversary AusBonsai and Thanks
:)
NS
Last edited by NaturalSelection on November 12th, 2010, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Post by alpineart »

Congratulations to Steven and the Team at Ausbonsai . Its been a fantastic site to learn and share our experiences together .No Doubt the best is yet to come , like a seed planted in the ground it will one day be groomed into a bonsai . This site certainly has grown from an idea to were it is now and with the support of all the members will continue to thrive .Congrats to all .Cheers and many thanks Alpineart
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by boom64 »

Hi all.
A big cheers to Steven and all the Gang .Thanks for AUS BONSAI :D :D
Long may it prosper.
Thanks John.
Fish
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acer Palmatum, Ficus, Elm
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Fish »

Congrats to Ausbonsai. But also to the members, it is for us that this site was developed, and us it continues. Keep the support going and congrats to all..
I DONT SUFFER FROM INSANITY, I RELISH IN EVERY MOMENT OF IT
狂信的な盆栽
Mitchell
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: [color=#FFFF00]Aus[/color][color=#40FF40]Bonsai[/color]

Post by Mitchell »

"Steven Hantos (Administrator AusBonsai.com) – Steven’s bonsai fire was first ignited in 1982 when his mum
took him to a plant show at the Ryde School of Horticulture where bonsai was exhibited. For the past eight
years he has become particularly interested in bonsai with Australian flora. A lack of readily available
information on native bonsai led Steven to creating an Australian bonsai website where information could be
freely shared for all to enjoy and learn from. In November 2008, after months of design and research,
AusBonsai.com was launched. It has since bloomed into a truly national bonsai community with over 1400
members, 53,000 posts and more than 8,000 pictures. AusBonsai.com is and will remain a free resource
where you can view, study and chat about bonsai from the comfort of your own computer. Like regular bonsai
clubs, the success of AusBonsai.com depends on the participation of members who contribute their ideas,
knowledge and pictures to help grow the art of bonsai in Australia."

I am sure everyone knows what a wonderful place AusBonsai.com is.

What some of us do, but many don't recognise is the substantial contribution Steven has made to Australian Bonsai and Bonsai as a whole entity.

Through AB.com we have a communication device, that reaches far and beyond the boundaries of any demonstrator.
It is available 24/7 for advise, encouragement and/or as a display medium.
It requires no payed subscription to use the site. Note the lovely wide forum, the pretty bonsai's and NO ADS. Just to see a forum site these days with no ads gaining revenue to support running costs, is out of place.
It has provisions in place to protect those, whom might normally be intimidated/overcome/discouraged by a stand alone Bonsai club.
It has a wonderful active community of members that are able to see the limitations of those new to the hobby and pro-activley encourage them.

I personally feel that the name Steven Hantos should go down in Australian bonsai history, as the man whom was able to draw the vast knowledge of the Australian bonsai community together to one place, forming the most valuable resource we all have at hand today... AusBonsai.com

Thanks Steven for being as open minded, as to even attempt to build this community. Gocny for building it. FlyBri for putting the site before your own duties and all the other mods, well done also.

:D
Regards, Mitchell.

"It is one thing to shape a tree into form, but when you are able to convincingly deceive ones perception of reality, something much more is accomplished than just a simple bonsai."

"In a perfect world, we would all be giants and all plants Bonsai."

"Grow big, finish small."

Image Join Ausbonsai today Click Here! Image
Taffy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Taffy »

"Steven Hantos (Administrator AusBonsai.com) – Steven’s bonsai fire was first ignited in 1982 when his mum
took him to a plant show at the Ryde School of Horticulture where bonsai was exhibited. For the past eight
years he has become particularly interested in bonsai with Australian flora. A lack of readily available
information on native bonsai led Steven to creating an Australian bonsai website where information could be
freely shared for all to enjoy and learn from. In November 2008, after months of design and research,
AusBonsai.com was launched. It has since bloomed into a truly national bonsai community with over 1400
members, 53,000 posts and more than 8,000 pictures. AusBonsai.com is and will remain a free resource
where you can view, study and chat about bonsai from the comfort of your own computer. Like regular bonsai
clubs, the success of AusBonsai.com depends on the participation of members who contribute their ideas,
knowledge and pictures to help grow the art of bonsai in Australia."
I am sure everyone knows what a wonderful place AusBonsai.com is.
What some of us do, but many don't recognise is the substantial contribution Steven has made to Australian Bonsai and Bonsai as a whole entity.
Through AB.com we have a communication device, that reaches far and beyond the boundaries of any demonstrator.
It is available 24/7 for advise, encouragement and/or as a display medium.
It requires no payed subscription to use the site. Note the lovely wide forum, the pretty bonsai's and NO ADS. Just to see a forum site these days with no ads gaining revenue to support running costs, is out of place.
It has provisions in place to protect those, whom might normally be intimidated/overcome/discouraged by a stand alone Bonsai club.
It has a wonderful active community of members that are able to see the limitations of those new to the hobby and pro-activley encourage them.
What you've said there Mitchell is so very true, and it's not only within Australia - it's gone worldwide. We have a number of international members, and some of which are well respected in the international world of Bonsai. The forum has become an international success as well.

So yes, a big thank you to Steven and the other guys in their efforts to start the forum off in the first place, and thanks for keeping up the good standards that are being maintained. Thanks also to all the contributors - I've gained a lot of info from all the topics, posts and replies.
Regards

Taffy.

Return to “The Menu”