My new Favorite insect black ant, kills mites

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
stick
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 5

My new Favorite insect black ant, kills mites

Post by stick »

Heello, today i was watering my tident maple thats been put in a bonsai pot, and i found a termite nest in the pot! it seemed fairly big, so what i did was i watered it with abit of termite killer to flush them out and put the pot just next to a black ants nest, i went outside an hour later and it seems ive started a war in my backyard :hooray: all the termites seem to be leaving and the ants are taking their eggs with them so im proud of my army of ants in my backyard lol
time8theuniverse
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: Bendigo

Re: My new Favorite insect black ant, kills mites

Post by time8theuniverse »

That is some good biological pest control you have there. Well done. :cool:
Patience is often a surprise.
mattgatenby
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper, maples, ficus.......I don't discriminate
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: None

Post by mattgatenby »

hahahaha that's awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I would give to have had a camera on the 'battle field' to record the action !

Note: I have had problems with termites/white ants around my house in the past

Good quick thinking there. Well done
The art of bonsai is my mistress, and my trees are my illegitimate children.....
stick
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stick »

mattgatenby wrote:hahahaha that's awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I would give to have had a camera on the 'battle field' to record the action !

Note: I have had problems with termites/white ants around my house in the past

Good quick thinking there. Well done
Thankyou :tu: if theyre out tomorrow which i reckon they will be ill do some action videos with war music, i saw it before and the ants seem to have made there way into the soil so im guessing its on like donkey kong.. so to speak :lol:
cuwire
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by cuwire »

Hi Stick

Don't be alarmed but termites are of a higher order - you have done the damage to their nest not the rabble of disorganized mini black ants.

The little blacks are an enemy but one that is easily contained by the superior intellect of the termite/whit ant.

After the world is over the Termites and the Cockroaches will co-exist in peace ... because they are smarter and tougher than anything else .. including bonsai enthusiasts. :palm: :palm:

Cheers for fun David
stick
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stick »

ants are smart in the way that if there is a termite nest near their colony they will wipe them out depending how big the termite colony is, ants know theyre way and stick together unlike us humans fighting and not agreeing which doesnt do much really, if i had put the pot next to it without doing the termite killer it just wouldve taken longer
Last edited by stick on April 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cuwire
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by cuwire »

Ok Stick
We disagree ... you can go for the ants I'll go for the termites(and cockroaches).

After all it is footy season :whistle:

Cheers
stick
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stick »

cuwire wrote:Ok Stick
We disagree ... you can go for the ants I'll go for the termites(and cockroaches).

After all it is footy season :whistle:

Cheers
im not a fan of footy sorry buddy lol
Last edited by stick on April 21st, 2012, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
stick
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stick »

well im happy to say the mites are gone, im sure the ants have a nice amount of termites to smash down over winter :tu2:
harse1937
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by harse1937 »

Hello all members,

I m killing black ant in my house everyone share the information please use this-:

Here's the way to dispose of ants at home:

This is the way to dispose of ants for all time.

1. Chalk

One of the home solutions for dispose of ants is to utilize chalk. Chalk contains calcium carbonate, which helps in warding off ants. Shower some powdered chalk in the territories that are the section purposes of ants or draw a line of chalk at the passage. With a specific end goal to keep ants of your home, draw chalk lines so these bugs don't enter. While it not clear with respect to why this line prevents the ants from coming inside, however it is doubtlessly compelling. Ensure you make the line in a way that is far from any tyke in the house.

2. Lemons

Press a lemon or place lemon peels in places from where the ants enter. You can likewise wash your floors with water that has a little lemon juice added to it. Ants obviously don't care for the scent of lemon squeeze so they will ward off. Anything sharp and unpleasant may ward off the ants, yet any sugar is ants' closest companion. So guarantee you don't keep anything sweet that may pull in the ants somehow or the other. Keep your kitchen piece completely spotless and put the peels in that spot.

3. Oranges

Oranges are same as lemons; they repel the ants from visiting your home. Make a glue of one glass warm water and a couple of orange peel, which will help in disposing of ants. Spread this glue around section purposes of ants and wipe it subsequently. You can likewise put orange peels on the kitchen chunk or wherever you figure these ants may enter from. It goes about as common obstacle for ants that may keep them as well as fend off them. Thus, convey the orange skins to some utilization and guarantee no ants visit your home any longer.

4. Pepper

Ants are really enamored with sugar yet they loathe pepper. Sprinkle pepper at the territories from where ants go into your home. This is will help disposing of ants. Cayenne pepper or dark pepper are detested by ants. You can likewise make an answer of pepper and water and shower it close to the contestant regions. The pepper wouldn't slaughter the ants yet unquestionably deflect them from coming back to your home. Ensure you clean the territory where you need to shower the pepper arrangement.

5. Salt

Spreading salt close alcoves and corners from where ants go into the house will help repelling ants. Table salt is truly outstanding and the least expensive approaches to dispose of ants normally. Utilize standard table salt not wellbeing boosting rock salt. You should simply to bubble water and include a lot of salt to it, mixing it until breaks down. Fill a shower container and splash where you think ants have a tendency to enter from.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”