Collected 3 more peppercorns on the weekend

Discussions about propagating from cuttings, seeds, air layers etc. Going on a dig (Yamadori) or thinking of importing? Discuss how, when and where here.
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Collected 3 more peppercorns on the weekend

Post by Josh »

Was dropping my daughter of at my parents place on the weekend in Echuca so decided while I was up there I might as well collect some trees from my cousins place just up the road. Pretty happy with these ones.
Dug.JPG
trunk line.JPG
This one has some really nice curves, It has a good base too so hoping it shoots in the right places.
3.JPG
1.JPG
This one was removed to gain better access to the first tree. No point wasting a good tree though. I'll need to give this tree some taper but it has a nice shari so worth working on.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
Will have to let them sit and recover now. I cut a few others back hard ready for next year to dig. Forward planning :tu: :tu: Thinking next time I might go for nice BIG fat trunk and see how we go with that.

Josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cre8ivbonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: :-)
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverley

Re: Collected 3 more peppercorns on the weekend

Post by cre8ivbonsai »

I like the first one! lots of movement + good taper :tu:
Cheers, Ryan
Today I know more than I did yesterday, but less than I will tomorrow
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Post by Josh »

cre8ivbonsai wrote:I like the first one! lots of movement + good taper :tu:
Thanks Ryan, Yeah that first one is great. That's the one I said stretched out for about 10 feet with no leaves till the very end at day light.
The big one will be good once it shoots and I plan to cut the larger trunk off which will give it taper. Just need then to survive and kick on.
This changing windy weather isn't good for them to recover in though. Will keep u posted.

Josh.
thepast321
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by thepast321 »

Hello there,
I would like to tell you that black Pepper is a rich source of minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, iron, potassium, and vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin C, K and B6. Black pepper has the high content of dietary fibre and has the moderate amount of protein and carbohydrate too.
Thanks
Last edited by thepast321 on September 26th, 2017, 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jdceng
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: All
Bonsai Age: 30

Post by Jdceng »

Hi thepast321

Thanks for the info I'll just have some more Steak & Pepper Pies from the Additive Pie Shop at North Haven NSW, like I had for lunch yesterday.
JC

Return to “Propagation, Collecting and Importing”