Black Pine Style and Pot

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
iliya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Contemporary Bonsai Group

Re: Black Pine Style and Pot

Post by iliya »

I gave this one a result from shoot/candle pruning last season in order to let it rest and regain some vigour, it looking healthy as ever and I feel it’s finally starting to mature.
BC239BE4-C29A-4DA1-BD5C-6449842A8572.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

I have only just happened upon this thread. Good to see the progression here. A fine tree.

I like the pot but I am torn because I really liked the darker clay pot that it was in back in 2017 too.

I guess it's all at the margins - you seem to be at a point where it's all about refinement of this tree now and I am sure you'll continue to make decisions that align to your vision.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
bunce
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: BONSAI NW

Post by bunce »

coming along nicely

bunce.
:hooray: Hakuju-En Bonsai Nursery - Shohin - Mame - Tokoname Pots - Display Tables - Repot - Styling work - https://hakujuenbonsai.com/ :aussie:
iliya
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Club: Contemporary Bonsai Group

Post by iliya »

MJL wrote:I have only just happened upon this thread. Good to see the progression here. A fine tree.

I like the pot but I am torn because I really liked the darker clay pot that it was in back in 2017 too.

I guess it's all at the margins - you seem to be at a point where it's all about refinement of this tree now and I am sure you'll continue to make decisions that align to your vision.
I too preferred the other pot however it didn’t seem to do all that well in such a shallow container, I feel the pot that it’s in now is a more suitable size pot however I will keep my eye out for a slightly darker one

Return to “Pines and Junipers”