[SELL] Various Starters and an Interesting Pot

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

[SELL] Various Starters and an Interesting Pot

Post by MJL »

Hi All,

In preparation for the YVBS sale day, 30th November 2019 - I am preparing plants for sale. It's really about clearing space and hopefully you'll see the pricing reflects my want to move stuff on.

Anyway, here is some of the stock that I'll be offering. Of course, feel free to PM me with any questions or if you want to reserve stock and simply pick it up on the day. Or, if you want to buy anything prior - we can probably work something out too.

Four 1-2 year old Chinese Elm Groups in seedling trays.

Regular folk know my love of forest and group plantings and these are good starters, I reckon. I'll be asking $25 per tray. That's around a dollar per seedling or slightly more... some trays have more or less tree - 20 or so in each. You won't need to repot them this season. Along with trimming the tap root in their first year, I recently re-potted each of these groups so the roots have been trimmed this season too. The trees are young enough to bend if that's what you want or seperate - but I 'd caution on that as the roots have not been spread for individual trees if you get what I mean. That said, no drama if that's what you want to do. Again, $25 per tray, 4 trays. Photos below.
IMG_7318.jpeg
IMG_7319.jpeg
A couple of 1-2 year old Chinese Elm clumps. I am thinking $10 for each of those. Photos below.
IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7325.jpeg
A couple of Chinese Elm clumps a few years older with some work done on the trunks. Each of these will be $30. Photos below.
IMG_7326.jpeg
IMG_7327.jpeg
Four young serrissa foetida, lovely flowers and some nice movement. I have left them lanky for maximum flexibility. These will be $15 each. Photos below.
IMG_7329.jpeg
IMG_7330.jpeg
IMG_7331.jpeg
IMG_7332.jpeg
I hope that you can see that I am trying to price things fairly and move them on accordingly.

On the day I plan to bring more stock too - mostly seedlings like above but there'll be some other stock too. I'll also have some pots. On pots here's one more interesting piece.

I’ll also have this Shohin-sized pot at the YVBS sale day too. This Shohin-sized pot (18cm long; 13cm wide and 4 cm deep) is out of the Yamaaki kiln. To my understanding the Kiln worked across multiple generations but stopped firing around 2010 and thus, Yamaaki pots are becoming harder to come by. The photo’s tell the story – the pot is lovely, simple, unglazed. It does have a chip on one of the corners. Similar pots sell on eBay for north of AUD$170 (or USD$100 plus shipping). This is priced to account for the chip at $120. No drama if it doesn’t sell; one day I’ll have a tree worthy of it’s nature and when positioned, I’ll ensure the chip is at the back.
IMG_1095.jpeg
IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1102.jpeg
Cheers,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: [SELL] Various Starters and an Interesting Pot

Post by MJL »

I'm continuing to prepare for the YVBS sale day on the 30th, November and here's a few more bits and pieces.

I was playing with some junipers today - I'll probably sell this one below for around $20.
IMG_7444.jpeg
IMG_7445.jpeg

I noted to myself that this tree almost a companion plant to the older Juniper on the left in this photo below. Not sure I'll sell the one on the left yet. Might.
IMG_7446.jpeg
And these pots (below) each containing 3-5 little junipers will be $5 each pot.
IMG_7439.jpeg
Each on these Chinese elms seedlings (below) will be a gold coin.
IMG_7447.jpeg
Noting too that a couple of the Chinese Elm seedlings forests previously posted are now off the market but I'll probably add a few more smaller ones for around $15. Similarly one of the Chinese clumps with bey trunks that I had worked on has now been set aside too.

If you see me - make an offer... I really don't want to return home with anything I take. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”