[SOLD] : Shohin Maples, nursery stock wisteria and a Ficus (MELB)

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

[SOLD] : Shohin Maples, nursery stock wisteria and a Ficus (MELB)

Post by TimS »

Hi all,

I'm slowly doing a bit of a re-assessment of my trees at the moment which are still taking up far too much space around the house, and there are more than a few things i would be happy to part with. A couple of established maples, a couple of nursery stock wisteria and a young ficus. I'm happy to deliver around South East Melbourne region. Due to Quarantine regulations that i can't be bothered with, they will not be sent interstate.

Without further ado:

Ficus unknown species: I'm just not a ficus person so this will just be neglected over time, so its' best it goes on to another person. A couple of scars on the back where i removed some ugly roots. It looks thin as i recently cut back some scorched leaves, and thinned it out a little. I have just re-potted it and done a light root prune. $35
FI.jpg

Wisteria: Japanese Pink (first photo) and Double Purple (second photo). Not much to say except they are nursery stock plants. I went through a wisteria phase, but i've got enough to be doing already so again best moved on to be cared for properly. $25 each.
JWP.jpg
JWDP.jpg

Trident Maple Shohin: Nice little Root Over Rock Trident approximate height just under 30cm; it's actually 3 trees grown together over time that have fused. The back one died off a long long time ago and has had preliminary carving and wood hardening started but needs more. Is in great health and has had two partial defoliations this season hence the small leaves at the moment. $300
TMF.jpg
TMB.jpg

Japanese Maple: 20 years old this year (2020) approximate height 50cm, not your usual Japanese Maple style with the single dead straight trunk. Very nice naturally small leaved and close inter-nodal variety when pinched (i don't believe it is straight species but i don't know what it is either). Options would be to continue it as it is and grow the two bottom branches into future trunks for a 3 trunk clump, or separating it into two trees by air-layering the top section above the straight trunk, cutting out the straight section and regrowing the bottom as a second tree. Personally i can't bright myself to layer it as it's actually quite pleasing as it is.$350
JM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: SELL: Shohin Maples, nursery stock wisteria and a Ficus (MELB)

Post by TimS »

The wisterias and the ficus are gone off to a new home :tu:
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

I would be happy to hear offers on the two maples
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Bumping the bonsai maples still for sale with a price drop.

Trident maple Root over rock has been potted into this Marg Fenn Hachinoki pot that plays beautifully with the rock. The deadwood on the back is due for a wood hardener/ lime sulphur treatment. price reduced to $220
trident sale1.jpeg
Trident sale 2.jpeg

Japanese Maple straight species with great genetics, small internodes and small leaves. Price now $275 ONO. Top can be airlayered off to be it's own tree, the straight section taken out and the bottom grown on too. I see the bottom as being jacked up on the left hand side to use the right hand branch as a semi cascade and the left hand as the new upright trunkline. Maybe you see something different there but either way its two trees for the price of one!
JM sale 1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Trees no longer available, i'll keep developing the root over rock trident and the japanese maple will have the top layered off and the bottom restarted this spring.

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”