seedlings for sale

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

seedlings for sale

Post by shibui »

It is mid winter again so time to clear out some of the self sown seedlings that pop up all over our garden.
IMGP8117.JPG
Same deal as last few years but for newbies:
Trident maple seedlings available in 3 sizes:
IMGP8115.JPG
small - trunks less than about 3mm thick. 50c each

medium - trunks from 3-6mm thick $1 each
IMGP8119.JPG
larger - trunks from 6mm through to about 1cm $2 each

This year I also have some extra large trunks that escaped last year's cull.$5 each. Please note that thicker is not always better.

These trident seedlings are ideal to start group plantings so I'm happy to assemble a forest pack - 3 large, 10 med and 10 small - enough trunks to make one good trident group. Just $20 + delivery.
Group planting, Root over rock, root grafting, plaited and fused trident trunks, threaded through metal plates are all possible uses for young seedlings. For more ideas of what you might be able to do with trident seedlings check the Shibui Bonsai blog where I have posted a series of articles showing different uses for these seedlings - http://shibuibonsai.com.au/

These trees have had no preparatory work on either roots or trunks. They are as they come out of the garden except for some minor pruning to fit into the package. They may have good radial roots or very few. Most have pretty straight trunks but some may have curves, especially near the base.
Trees will be bare root, wrapped in damp newspaper and a plastic bag but they all seem to manage the trip well and as far as I know survival rates are excellent.
It may be worth while letting me know what use you have in mind as I can do some selecting to give you trees better suited to what you have in mind. The more info you are willing to give, the better I can match your order to those needs.

Delivery charge will apply to all orders. Cost will depend on the number and size of trees and may also vary with destination. Small packages can be as little as $15 but larger trees and larger numbers could lift the delivery component to $20 or $30

Also available:
Japanese maple seedlings. I have been protecting a small patch of these so there are more this year All small and medium size but all one price at $1 each + delivery cost.

Only available while the trees are dormant in winter.
contact Shibui Bonsai - neil@shibuibonsai.com.au or PM on Ausbonsai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nozila
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: seedlings for sale

Post by nozila »

Hi,
Would you send them to SA?
Thanks,
D
terryb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by terryb »

Yep, they come to SA regularly :)
nozila
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by nozila »

OK you have a PM
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

Plants to SA is no problem but you have reminded me to say we cannot send plants to WA or to Tasmania, Sorry to members in those states.

Neil
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

For another reference, here are the trees I purchased from Shibui asset year.... https://www.ausbonsai.com.au/forum/view ... up#p279408
I have had a heap of fun since October last year and incredibly, the trees still refuse to lose their leaves in my courtyard garden!

Anyway - I recommend these seedlings from Neil. Good value and good fun.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: nil

Post by paul smedley »

Hi Shibui. I would be most interested in owning a few more plants to do some learning with. do you still have them available? Cheers Paul
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

I've already sent out around a thousand seedlings but there are still thousands more trident seedlings available. The Head Gardener keeps bringing bucket fulls as she weeds the beds. I generally get a short lecture on how there are far too many in her garden :shake:
There are still a few XL size but large will be soon be very short this year. Still lots of med and small size trident seedlings if anyone has use for those. Think of trunk fusion, plated trunk fusion, etc.
More Japanese Maple than usual this time so plenty of those left too. Only $1 each for those.
We have also found a few peach seedlings. They are growing under the ornamental flowering peaches. The parents are double red and double white and so far the seedlings have all been double flower types.
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by paul smedley »

shibui wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:14 pm I've already sent out around a thousand seedlings but there are still thousands more trident seedlings available. The Head Gardener keeps bringing bucket fulls as she weeds the beds. I generally get a short lecture on how there are far too many in her garden :shake:
There are still a few XL size but large will be soon be very short this year. Still lots of med and small size trident seedlings if anyone has use for those. Think of trunk fusion, plated trunk fusion, etc.
More Japanese Maple than usual this time so plenty of those left too. Only $1 each for those.
We have also found a few peach seedlings. They are growing under the ornamental flowering peaches. The parents are double red and double white and so far the seedlings have all been double flower types.
That sounds awesome except for the lectures of course!
i would love to care for some of the weee ones and the pears if they are still around. How do you want this to proceed?
I guess i would be after a big bunch to play around with and do some experimenting on what i can do and what needs soooo much more time and help but we gotta start somewhere.
Cheers P
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

The pears are actually peaches Paul but I am happy to supply whatever you want.
Best to send an email or PM so I have a record of the order. Let me know what sort of things you plan to do with them because sometimes I can select some that suit the uses better.

neil@shibuibonsai.com.au
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by paul smedley »

shibui wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:39 pm The pears are actually peaches Paul but I am happy to supply whatever you want.
Best to send an email or PM so I have a record of the order. Let me know what sort of things you plan to do with them because sometimes I can select some that suit the uses better.

neil@shibuibonsai.com.au
awesome will send an email.
Cheers P
tinto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pine
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: sydney

Post by tinto »

Tis seems like very good value compared to Sydney nurseries.
Snipz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Snipz »

Hi Neil, PM sent, thanks
nozila
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by nozila »

Hi Neil,
Can you update with what stock you have remaining?
Thanks,
Duc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

I sent off 2000 small tridents last week and have another 300 to go Monday but there is still easily that many more small ones.
There's a good supply of medium tridents still in the garden.
Larger size tridents are becoming increasingly difficult to find but there are still a few.
I made up another couple of forest packs today but that will probably be the last because of no more larger to go in them.
There's still a few XL trunks and stumps if anyone fancies working around large cuts and few roots.

Still plenty of Japanese maples. They are all small and medium size and very few straight trunks.

I thought I had sent out all the peach seedlings but the Head Gardener assures me there are still more under those peach trees.

Every now and then I find another European euonymus seedling but there are only a couple of those I think.
Occasional olive seedlings but very few and pretty small.

:lost: Can't think of anything else in the wild seedling line. Plenty of other species and more advanced specimens in the nursery though. I've been busy potting up and potting on because every day I am seeing more and more buds opening.

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”