WTB Cork Bark Japanese maple- Arakawa or Nishiki Gawa

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
dj0406
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese black pine
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Hastings

WTB Cork Bark Japanese maple- Arakawa or Nishiki Gawa

Post by dj0406 »

Hi,
I have been searching for Corky Bark Japanese maple for a while. I am just wandering if anyone has any for sale? Grafted tree or rooted cuttings are fine. Please let me know if you have some you are available for sale. Thanks!
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Re: WTB Cork Bark Japanese maple- Arakawa or Nishiki Gawa

Post by TimS »

It's been covered a few times before, myself being one of those searching.

I've never come across Nishiki Gawa, but Arakawa is available from Yamina Rare Plants. Good luck getting one though, they don't seem to be particularly on top of replying to emails that don't include order forms. I made a trip up there a few years back and picked up 2 Arakawa from them. They only seem to do young grafted ones, no rough bark yet on them so don't expect to find old crackled bark ones there.
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
dj0406
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese black pine
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Hastings

Post by dj0406 »

Thanks TimS,
I have got in touch with Yamina but would like to try my luck on the forum just in case. Guess i will just bite my bullet with Yamina and get a couple young one to grow in ground then air layer 5-10 years later.
Luke308
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple & pines
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: S.A Bonsai Society

Post by Luke308 »

TimS wrote: July 26th, 2020, 3:56 pm It's been covered a few times before, myself being one of those searching.

I've never come across Nishiki Gawa, but Arakawa is available from Yamina Rare Plants. Good luck getting one though, they don't seem to be particularly on top of replying to emails that don't include order forms. I made a trip up there a few years back and picked up 2 Arakawa from them. They only seem to do young grafted ones, no rough bark yet on them so don't expect to find old crackled bark ones there.
I bought 3 of those from Yamina about 2 years ago. I put one in a half wine barrel, and the other 2 in black pots. The one in the wine barrel has rough bark starting and is nearly 2 inches diameter. I have since put one of the others in the ground to speed things up.
WHERE THE SAP FLOWS, THE WOOD GROWS

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”