Seedlings and seed 2021

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
nozila
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Seedlings and seed 2021

Post by nozila »

Received my package of tridents today. As usual, kudos to Neil.

Tempted to buy more.....
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

Winter seems to be on the way out even up here in the hills. A few Chinese elms have small green buds which is not so unusual for July and August but this year a lot of trident maples are also showing new red shoots now.
There's still a chance to grab a few cheap bare root seedlings from Shibui Bonsai.

I'm down to just a few Japanese maple seedlings left as I have been pulling a few self seeded volunteers out of other pots as I repot the larger trees and bonsai.
Just a couple of extra large tridents if someone fancies starting with tall, straight poles
I've hunted around corners and behind sheds to find some more large tridents so can still do group packs if anyone fancies making a trident group style.

Plenty of medium size trunks and still thousands of the smaller ones if anyone needs seedlings to graft or wants to try a fusion project. I spent a few hours wiring and bending skinny trunks last week hoping to get some nice twisted shohin size tridents in a few years. Need to start with more than you want because even with care a few still snap while bending and only the thinnest seem to be flexible enough.

Only a couple of requests for longer roots to start root over rock this year. I've done all the ROR I need this year but have been putting aside a few that I saw had masses of roots and may be ready to do this year.

If you've been thinking about it but haven't got round to it please do so soon or the season will be over again.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
legoman_iac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Banksia, Fig, Jacaranda, Maple, Oak
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by legoman_iac »

To add to Neil's update, the tridents I received just a few weeks back have started budding too!!! I don't know what you do to these trees Neil, they just do so much better than some of my other sourced stock! My daughter was even keen to keep part of the trunk we chopped off and EVEN that has a shoot going!!! Think we'll call it "stumpy" (top left pic).
20210803_124850_tridents_lowres.jpg
- Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captainozzie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Black pine
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: O

Post by Captainozzie »

Hi
Are your maple seedlings still available. Looking for 4 small ones. What price for express to Newport qld 4020 please.
Cheers
Michael

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

Hi Michael. You are a bit late for these bare root seedlings. They all have leaves now so not as safe to pull them up and mail to QLD or anywhere for that matter.
You'll need to be ready next winter - around July for those of you who don't understand the 4 seasons.
If you really need some trees to play with before then you'll need to look at potted trees. A bit more expensive but you'll be able to start playing right away.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
legoman_iac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by legoman_iac »

Quick mini progression update on the ones I was lucky enough to land.

As first potted in July (top) and as they are today, September. Now to work out how to style them!

(noting I've already snapped a few branches as it might be too late to wire the new growth now).
maple_update_lowres.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
legoman_iac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by legoman_iac »

Quick update, had let these ones just grow for a year, now trying some styling ... my 5 yr daughter helped, and we've named the lower right one the "squid bonsai" as from the top it kind of looks like one, perhaps a new technique?? Haha.

She also added in some cacti as "in pot kusamono" ... to the twin trunk planting.
trident_maples.png
legoman_iac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by legoman_iac »

Now covered in leaf!!!
20220929_145558.jpg
Dean.C
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Decidous
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Dean.C »

Whoa that large photo in the trio makes me nervous for the tree , it looks like it could fall off the pole any sec ! :o
legoman_iac
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by legoman_iac »

Haha, yeh, I should setup a better studio space when photographing. Noted.

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”