[SELL] JBP Seedlings

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Re: [SELL] JBP Seedlings

Post by Ryceman3 »

Okay … so this thread seems to have been pulled back to life after a 10 day lay off!!
Not really sure what your motivation was to do so Psymo, but I feel like you’d now like an explanation for my response to your initial post, so here’s how I saw it.
Psymo wrote: August 18th, 2023, 3:10 pm It doesn't look like they take up that much room. If you really want them to go I'll be happy to take them off your hands $60 for the dozen.

You chimed in with an opening that questioned my stated motivation to sell as (in your eyes) they take up no space.
You then proceeded to put in an “offer” that was unequivocally low for all the sales stock offered under the guise of “taking them off my hands”. This was despite the posts above yours indicating that PMs had been sent and so other interest had been publicised, or that I had a stated place to take them should they not sell.
You posted 2 days after I advertised the sale, it wasn’t like the thread had gone stale and was sitting there going nowhere!
There are many ways you could have chosen to engage and I think you picked one that was possibly arrogant but undoubtedly abrasive, so the response you got from me was written in kind. Having said that, nothing derogatory was directed exclusively at you. The content of your subsequent post means you unfortunately cannot say the same thing.
Obviously not for me, I’m clearing stock not collecting it, but it would be great if you can share your source for bonsai ready JBP at $5 a pop, in the spirit of community. I don’t demand people buy my stuff, if there is an alternative at a cheaper price they should definitely consider it. If they don’t want to pay the asking price, they shouldn’t and simply move on as I’m sure many others did.
Thanks to those who felt the need to comment on my behalf, you didn’t have to but I appreciate the sentiment.
:beer:

PS : You should always do everything to avoid causing your in-laws to have a fit ... it's common knowledge I think. ;)
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Promethius »

Although someone as erudite as R3 doesn't need any help to defend themselves against online trolls, I love how the members of a largely anonymous forum wanted to stick up for one of our own. I've been enjoying this forum for an only few years, but I've come to greatly appreciate the community here.

And for whatever it's worth, I would've happily paid well more than $15 for one of those pines, if I hadn't been too late! Keeping my eye out for the insinuated next offering...
Yes, the username is misspelled: no, I can’t change it.

Andy
PeachSlices
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything that flowers
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: Sydney City Bonsai Club, Bonsai Society of Sydney, School of Bonsai

Post by PeachSlices »

theres more to come?

Simon
rodm
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines junipers and others
Bonsai Age: 40

Post by rodm »

You know what Psymo maybe you should grow your own, than you wouldn’t have to haggle with anyone :shake:
Cheers RodM
Psymo
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Psymo »

Ryceman3 wrote: August 30th, 2023, 1:34 pm Okay … so this thread seems to have been pulled back to life after a 10 day lay off!!
Not really sure what your motivation was to do so Psymo, but I feel like you’d now like an explanation for my response to your initial post, so here’s how I saw it.
Psymo wrote: August 18th, 2023, 3:10 pm It doesn't look like they take up that much room. If you really want them to go I'll be happy to take them off your hands $60 for the dozen.

You chimed in with an opening that questioned my stated motivation to sell as (in your eyes) they take up no space.
You then proceeded to put in an “offer” that was unequivocally low for all the sales stock offered under the guise of “taking them off my hands”. This was despite the posts above yours indicating that PMs had been sent and so other interest had been publicised, or that I had a stated place to take them should they not sell.
You posted 2 days after I advertised the sale, it wasn’t like the thread had gone stale and was sitting there going nowhere!
There are many ways you could have chosen to engage and I think you picked one that was possibly arrogant but undoubtedly abrasive, so the response you got from me was written in kind. Having said that, nothing derogatory was directed exclusively at you. The content of your subsequent post means you unfortunately cannot say the same thing.
Obviously not for me, I’m clearing stock not collecting it, but it would be great if you can share your source for bonsai ready JBP at $5 a pop, in the spirit of community. I don’t demand people buy my stuff, if there is an alternative at a cheaper price they should definitely consider it. If they don’t want to pay the asking price, they shouldn’t and simply move on as I’m sure many others did.
Thanks to those who felt the need to comment on my behalf, you didn’t have to but I appreciate the sentiment.

PS : You should always do everything to avoid causing your in-laws to have a fit ... it's common knowledge I think. ;)
I understand that my initial response may have been interpreted as abrasive, and for that, I apologize sincerely if it caused any unintended offense. It truly wasn't my intention to undermine or belittle the considerable efforts you've put into your sale.

I want to acknowledge the positive impact you've had on the community by presenting alternative options and fostering open discussions. While my offer didn't align with the ongoing conversations, please know that my intent was not to overshadow your hard work and dedication.

The engagement and support you've received from others in the thread demonstrate the respect and admiration the community holds for your contributions. It's clear that your efforts have made a significant impression, and I want to extend my congratulations to you as well as to those who've successfully acquired the items.
Nate.bonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Nate.bonsai »

High five. I think this is the first time that I’ve seen an internet misunderstanding/disagreement defused rather than turn into WWIII.

First class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

Psymo wrote: August 31st, 2023, 9:16 pm I understand that my initial response may have been interpreted as abrasive, and for that, I apologize sincerely if it caused any unintended offense. It truly wasn't my intention to undermine or belittle the considerable efforts you've put into your sale.

I want to acknowledge the positive impact you've had on the community by presenting alternative options and fostering open discussions. While my offer didn't align with the ongoing conversations, please know that my intent was not to overshadow your hard work and dedication.

The engagement and support you've received from others in the thread demonstrate the respect and admiration the community holds for your contributions. It's clear that your efforts have made a significant impression, and I want to extend my congratulations to you as well as to those who've successfully acquired the items.
I 100% respect both the effort and fortitude it took to come back with an apology Psymo, so I accept and appreciate that.
Like Nate.bonsai, I am happy to have this whole thing defused and any offence that was caused on my behalf I will also take responsibility for.
It's probably a good time to remember what it is we are doing here, just growing little trees in pots essentially.
Probably best we all just get back to it ... definitely time to move forward!
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

PeachSlices wrote: August 31st, 2023, 12:48 am theres more to come?

Simon
Since I have been fielding quite a bit of interest I have decided to put another 12 up for sale ... and this will absolutely be the last of this vintage.
Pricing and comments in my opening post remain the same, but just a summary :
$15ea or $160 for all 12.
The only differences are there are 9 (I think) that were stem cut, with 3 having traditional root work). None have any movement wired in the trunk, but they are definitely not past that should you wish to apply some in a few months. The average height now is 10cm (4") as they are moving for spring and have already started to extend with needles emerging.
Same bulk deal will apply if anyone is quick enough to take them all (local pick up for that only).
Although I am not massive on posting, I will do so ... but only a max of 6 trees in each lot, and they'll go Express post. Recent costings tell me that 4 trees are around $22 to express post, 6 trees are just under $30 ... I would think these would cost similar to that. It's a bit of time and effort to box so I will gladly accept/prefer pick up in Melbourne!
I think that covers it. Any questions, requests for more pics etc you can post here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer.
JBP-Sell 2 0823_01.jpg
JBP-Sell 2 0823_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

Update:
2 have now been accounted for and will be picked up this afternoon!
10 remaining.
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Promethius »

I didn’t miss it this time! PM sent.
Cheers!
Yes, the username is misspelled: no, I can’t change it.

Andy
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

Update :
5 sold, 7 remaining.
railer
Aussie Bonsai Fan