recently styled pines

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

recently styled pines

Post by Matthew »

Quick pics of a few old pines that were recently styled and wired . These are pretty old trees , the left red pine is about 40 years old . The twin trunk mugo is almost 50 years and the cascade black is about 30 years . Sorry for the quick pics, angle is wrong but the trees are in the hot house atm to limit the -5 we have had a night several times last week . Ill put them out tomorrow morning as rain is expected with milder temps for several days . The red needs a complete angle change and new pot , the mugo a repot turning the tree to abit and the black needs a repot downward .

These were styled by a very good artist who I don't think is on the forum but he does work on several very advanced private collections
rsz_20190628_074415 reworked pines 3.jpg
rsz_20190628_074443 base red pine.jpg
rsz_1rsz_120190628_074428[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Re: recently styled pines

Post by treeman »

I like the twin trunk Mathew but why are you letting other people touch your trees?? The creating part is what it's all about no? :tu:
IMO you will get MUCH more satisfaction by doing your own work than looking at someone else's.
Mike
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

treeman wrote: June 28th, 2019, 5:27 pm I like the twin trunk Mathew but why are you letting other people touch your trees?? The creating part is what it's all about no? :tu:
IMO you will get MUCH more satisfaction by doing your own work than looking at someone else's.
I really just don't have the time at the moment to put into conifers. Working two jobs and a property to look after. Plus I don't mind a new set of eyes to give ideas . Yes the mugo after a repot and angle change will be one of my favourites . It originally came from Lindsey Farr and anyone who knows Lindsey knows what I mean by negotiation :lol:
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

I’ve got to turn this forum off tonight .. too many interesting trees making me want for more. Excellent Matthew.

The twin trunk is a gem.

The leaning pine with the Shari down low is a beauty too.

Bonsai teaches me patience.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”