JBP#4 [Ryceman3]

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 9

Re: JBP#4 [Ryceman3]

Post by Ryceman3 »

Made a cut on this tree today. It's been in the pipeline due to the fact it is a definitive bar branch and pretty fundamental design flaw ... but today was the day. I'll look to grow a bit of something using the back branch to give a bit more foliage behind the trunk on the right hand side to balance it a bit more. Always nice to rectify issues and move the design forward...
It'll get a new, more appropriate pot with any luck this year to help continue that progression.
:beer:
JBP-KK IG_02.jpg
JBP-KK IG_01.jpg
JBP-KK IG_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nathan987
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by nathan987 »

Nice work. With that branch removed, you can appreciate looking back and seeing how it extended beyond the silhouette of the tree and took away from the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patmet
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: WA natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Albany Bonsai Collective, Bonsai Society of Western Australia

Post by Patmet »

Very nice mate. I love what you have done with this tree. I’m a sucker for a dramatic drop or stretching branch. I like the tension it creates. Always look to your pines as a source of inspiration from Aus :worship:
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 9

Post by Ryceman3 »

Patmet wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:07 am Very nice mate. I love what you have done with this tree. I’m a sucker for a dramatic drop or stretching branch. I like the tension it creates. Always look to your pines as a source of inspiration from Aus :worship:
Thanks mate, that’s nice of you to say… I try and mix it up with my tree styling but creating tension in the design of a tree can help to make it interesting which is the ultimate goal. I think you’re right that dropping/stretching branches are good for that.
:beer: :yes:

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”