Pyracantha W/berries

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
Elias
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: 0

Pyracantha W/berries

Post by Elias »

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a few pics of the Pyracantha I have, these still need further refinement but they look nice when they have the berries(pomes). Does anyone else have one of these...? I don't see too many people used them, I guess some people might dislike em cause birds or water could make em quite an evasive species....

Elias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Re: Pyracantha W/berries

Post by Pup »

Here is one that was on display monday night at the Bonsai society by a member
DSCN8136.JPG
I do have a couple that I have cut back hard to turn into Shohin. I find that the leaves are hard to reduce. So when they are not in flower and berry they are very ordinary.Pup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

elias how are you? a good start there mate. i love their show of flower and pome. i have 2 of them, heres a root over rock i am stil and will be developing for a while . :D
Regards Antonio:
Elias
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: 0

Post by Elias »

Hi Guys thanks for the replies,

Pup that is a nice little tree, a shohin size Pyracantha would be cool to see, I think I read a thread at BT of someone chopping a Pyracantha with some good results.

Ant, all is well, nursery and landscaping got me working 7 days a week at least I can still jump on AB at work, looking forward to a good rest on Friday though :D
I'd be interesting to see how your tree develops over the rock, not sure why but I've always thought this tree has a very Chinese feel about it and I'd like to try some kind of Penjing setting with a darker mountainous type of rock or a more Chinese orientated styling for something different.... what you think?

Elias
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

yes elias have a go i say. they are very popular amongst the vietnamese community here in melb. anything with fruit they love. :D
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”