My juniper, bent over backwards

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
Aaron
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple
Bonsai Age: 3

My juniper, bent over backwards

Post by Aaron »

Hey guys, just thought i'd post some pics of a juniper i have been playing with. I bought it 2 years ago here in canberra at leigh's nursery. I left it for a year to grow and to decide what to do with it, i ended up deciding that i wanted to try for cascade, but obviously needed to bend the trunk somewhat. Luckily enough that months of bonsai focus had shown a few tricks on doing just that. So here is what achieved, im pretty happy with myself as a nubee, but if i did anything wrong feel free to guide me
This took me several hours, going bit at a time so as not to crack it. And yes it has since had a hair cut about 5-6 months ago.
Aaron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: My juniper, bent over backwards

Post by Bretts »

Great use of available tools. I was just thinking that tie-downs like you have used would have to be great to use for bending trunks.
Good luck.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

Thank you for that Aaron, you have shown what you have read, and proved it works. As with all tradies ( retired sheety ) ingenuity is nothing strange to us.
Keep up the good work.
I am some what mystified though cos when I was at Leighs, in September last year.
I am sure I saw some large prostrate junipers would have saved all that effort. Then you would not have known whether what you wanted to do would work.
Keep up the good work.

You can mix Babies and Bonsai you just have to learn to carry them like a papoose. :P
Pup :D
Last edited by Pup on May 4th, 2009, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

great work, good onya for havn a go. aaron thanks for sharing your method and your madness :lol: :D .
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”