Update from a novice

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: nil

Update from a novice

Post by paul smedley »

HI all.

Today I thought I would give a quick update on what my kids all look like after all of your wonderful help and advice.
IMG_2938.jpg
These little ones are now all in one place. There are a lot of different plants here, most of which are about 4-5 years old and looking very happy finally being looked after.
IMG_2939.jpeg
The fig and maple area is very full thanks to the baby Maples of Neil. The figs are also about 5-6 years old and are on the way to be propagated in the greenhouse.
IMG_2940.jpeg
These were the very tall and root bound ficus Bens that i decided to chop and see if they will come back. if not i haven't lost anything as they were on their way out anyway.

There is so much happening here. Fortunately I now have a database which tells me when to do stuff, what's been done and what to do next. i am sure that eventually I will be thinning them all out until i have a more manageable group of plants. it is so much fun trying all the different types and ways to manipulate them all. there are a couple of plants that i have no idea what they are so that will be a bit more fun finding out what they are and what to do with them.

Anyway just thought i would show you all what inspiration and good old fashioned help looks like.

Cheers P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Update from a novice

Post by boom64 »

Nothing better than seeing a good size collection of trees. Always something to do ,good luck with them Paul.
Cheers John.
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by KIRKY »

We all start the same way, lots to choose and learn from.
On your first picture what is the plant on the right hand size with green and orange berries?
Cheers
Kirky
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by paul smedley »

KIRKY wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:33 pm We all start the same way, lots to choose and learn from.
On your first picture what is the plant on the right hand size with green and orange berries?
Cheers
Kirky
Kirky that is actually a goldfish plant there to cut down some wind as it is a good heavy pot. Great little plant and very uncommon but not bonsaiable. Had him for a while and propagates really easily.
P
paul smedley
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by paul smedley »

boom64 wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:08 pm Nothing better than seeing a good size collection of trees. Always something to do ,good luck with them Paul.
Cheers John.
Thanks John. So relaxing too and here’s hoping I don’t lose too many!
Cheers P
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by KIRKY »

Thanks Paul, I have seen those before it will make a good accent plant. Enjoy the hobby.
Cheers
Kirky
Great oaks from little acorns grow.

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”