Online Workshops and Masterclasses run by leading bonsai artists
Kerry
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Deciduous
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Victoria, Northern Suburbs Bonsai Club

[Kerry 1] Ash eWorkshop

Post by Kerry »

Not sure if I had to take the "Place inline" option to get the photos to upload so if this does not work will try again.
I have opted to include a number of photos in an attempt to give you some feeling for the dimensional properties of which there are both good and bad.

This ash tree was originally field grown and transferred to a polystyrene grow box in 2010.

It was transplanted into the current tray in Sept 2012 by cutting the grow box sides off and sliding the tree and soil into the tray with minimum root disturbance. So there is still a fair amount of field soil in the tray which makes for a bit of uneven drying and moisture retention.
I thin that the tree needs to be rotated slightly to the left in the tray to present to best front option.

Even though this is not serious enough to cause issues with the tree it was my intention to repot and remove more of the field soil this winter but this may not be feasible now given this workshop.

This last growing season the tree had good healthy growth and I have been working on starting ramification. There are extra branches left on the tree to see what developed.
I think that that there is probably now an opportunity to remove some of these surplus branches as there is some shape starting.

Hope that this is sufficient info to get us started but if not please let me know and I will sort it out.

Looking forward to the start of this workshop, just cant' wait to see how it all unfolds.

Rgds Kerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steven on June 19th, 2013, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
けり

Return to “eWorkshops”