Mixing it up...

Share your ideas on re-potting, potting mediums and fertilisers.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Mixing it up...

Post by Ryceman3 »

With the lack of raw ingredients (and my ability to go get them) I'm going to try something a little different with a few pines I am developing, and maybe a few other things depending. In order to maximise the distribution of my standard mix (what I have left of it) I potted up this pine today in a 50/50 shandy with some regular Cacti Mix I had on hand. I have to say I'm not too worried about the tree in terms of survival, I'm sure it will be fine, but I am interested to monitor it's growth rate and the quality of the roots compared to a few others that got 100% my regular mix, hence this post. I guess we'll see how it looks in a year or so?
JBP5050_0820_01.jpg
JBP5050_0820_02.jpg
Let's see what happens.
:beer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Mixing it up...

Post by boom64 »

Always jealous of how well organized you are..... Good luck with the new mix . Cheers John.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Re: Mixing it up...

Post by Ryceman3 »

boom64 wrote: August 15th, 2020, 8:04 pm Always jealous of how well organized you are..... Good luck with the new mix . Cheers John.
Ha! Thanks John, if I was that organised I’d have enough mix, but I guess there are only so many variables that you can account for. We’ll see how it pans out.
:beer:

Return to “Repotting, Soil and Fertilisers”