Posting information for the Competition ( Bunjingi Literati

To further our understanding and skills in creating and refining the Literati Bunjin style!
Note: This Contest is already closed

Moderator: Bretts

Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Posting information for the Competition ( Bunjingi Literati

Post by Pup »

Some advice for participants in this contest. Brett and Jamie thought this idea up. they also collaborated with the judges, on what was needed. So my advice is read there opening posts. The reason is a question was asked is the price you paid important?.

All relevant material is being judged the more information you put in the better.

I and Stymie and Leigh will be getting headaches, I know but at least we will know that you have put in the effort. It is not easy being
a Judge. So make it as hard as you can you B^*!a+`~s. :lol:

Good luck ;) Pup
Last edited by Pup on November 1st, 2009, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
stymie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cedrus Lonicera & Larix
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: SYBS DDGC BGS FOBBS

Re: Posting information for the Competition ( Bunjingi Literati

Post by stymie »

Amen to that, esteemed colleague. I don't think that the price paid for material is important but if contestants wish to mention it, thats okay by me.
Last edited by stymie on November 2nd, 2009, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Don. I'm a UK nutter and bonsaiholic but I'm on medication (when I can find the tablets)

ad sum ard labor.
stymie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stymie »

I know that Ozzies say it as it is so I hope that no offence will be taken if I ask 'contenders' to remember their puctuation, capital letters and a spot of grammer. Some of the posts in the main areas could be given different meanings because of the disregard of these basics. It might be more important in the competition that wrong impressions are not received. Spelling mistakes don't come into this category and don't detract from the intended meaning. :oops: Please don't shoot me down, I want everyone to understand what is being written. :P

PS - I don't think that posts consisting entirely of an emoticon with no words are very helpful. =Don.
Last edited by stymie on November 5th, 2009, 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
My name is Don. I'm a UK nutter and bonsaiholic but I'm on medication (when I can find the tablets)

ad sum ard labor.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

Taken from one of the entry threads but it is a point for all entrants

Not at all Kvan. Pup has stated in previous discussions that he believes all literati no matter what form they take should all be plainly called Literati or Bunjingi not cascade literati or windswept literati and so on.Took me a while but I found this discussion of when I understood what he was saying
Pup wrote:
Bretts wrote:
I have a thought of what I think you mean Pup
Is it that Any form is ok as long as it exhibit an understated elegance, austerity,a beauty of line and sophistication.
But just don't call it something like twin trunk literati because literati is literati? There are no separate forms of the style?
NOW YOU HAVE IT sorry for shouting that is it. I you remember when I posted that group {forrest} I referred to it as Bunjingi. Not a group of Bunjingi.
I believe Pup has no issue with a literati that looks wind swept or a cascade but to him they are all called Bunjingi or literati and there should be no style tag attached to that.

Although your entry is not doomed Pup has in a half joking manner stated that he will deduct 20 points for anyone that puts a name to the style of their tree other than Literati or Bunjingi. I think I can arrange for the heading of your entry to be changed if you like. Maybe Just "Literati Juniper - Entry No#1"

I noticed a few other entries doing this as well I have been planning to make mention of it.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

Gday people can I on behalf of the Judges Leigh Stymie and my self, and the Moderators.

Ask that we please stick to the format as previously discussed. Keep it to the tree in question. As one moderator has already appologised for phone calls. Small talk is encouraged between poster's, but not there. The judges are having to read all comments, and opinions. Whether they like it or not, it gets frustrating.

Also if you are not an entrant please keep it to advice not to questions. The rules have been put in place as with the guidelines.
Of what is exspected,and hoped for. They have been agreed to by the Moderators and the Judges.
Therefore the contestants.
If you wish to participate you have until the 30th of November, to join in. As judges we will be impartial. That is why we were asked.

So again good luck ;) Pup

stymie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by stymie »

The disregard for the foregoing has resulted in mountains of irrelevant posts which Bretts has stalwartly tried to move into another discussion thread without actually deleting them. On behalf of the judges may I ask everyone not to make our task any more difficult. We don't wish to have to send 'the boys' around to remedy matters. :lol: Its a great competition with some praiseworthy details of progress which will be rewarded with good point scores. You've all tried very hard. :roll: =Don.

ad sum ard labor.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

This Competition Closes in 10 days time. :aussie: :bump: All contestants are now, or should be in the final days of there presentations :fc: :reading:.

If you have any last minuet pictures to post please do it ASAP. I am going though the postings, to make my evaluations. Then I will and I am sure Stymie and Leigh will be doing the same. Checking that I am happy with my scoring of your trees, so that you will all be happy, with the results.

Remember if it is not finished in your eyes providing you have given the Judges, some thing to look into the future at, all is not lost.

So on that note I am off to have acouple of cold ones so I can blame that :P :palm: :hooray:

Yours in anticipation and all things Bonsai Pup

Return to “AusBonsai Literati Contest 2009”