Closed Bunjingi/ literati

To further our understanding and skills in creating and refining the Literati Bunjin style!
Note: This Contest is already closed

Moderator: Bretts

Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Closed Bunjingi/ literati

Post by Pup »

Despite all of my urging and Bumping reminders, for posting your final submissions. The amount that actually did it is very disappointing.
To which I have drawn the conclusion that you withdrew your entry.

As it was stated from the beginning that a final presentation would be needed, So that the judges needed to see where you were and whether the tree was still alive and in your possesion.

So I will not be awarding any points for those entries that did not up date. Even the ones I thought had a lot of merit. The members who kept us informed need to know that when the rules are put forth. They mean for all.

A big thank you to those that did the right thing, with that my final call on it, is no discussion will be entered into, the judges words are final.

Thank you for your time, Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Re: Closed Bunjingi/ literati

Post by kcpoole »

Good Onya Pup
Look forward to seeing the final results of the judging :-)

Ken
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
MelaQuin
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olives & natives
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Illawarra Bonsai Society, Bonsai Society of A

Post by MelaQuin »

Don't be so harsh!! Rules may be rules but life can intervene and make the final photographs less than able to be done. It was more important I cleaned the house and the yard for an international home stay guest and other holiday requirements than take time I didn't have to set up a pleasing backdrop for photographs. My original entries are with me and doing well and too late I have time but I could not fit it in before.

As I said, so goes life....

Maybe next time a contest won't close in conjunction with a major holiday period.
R0012634.jpg
R0012586.jpg
Both photos taken mid December 2010.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MelaQuin on January 1st, 2011, 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jarrod
Treat em mean
Treat em mean
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society and Bonsai Society of Victoria

Post by Jarrod »

I agree Mel. At the moment I am lucky to see my trees once a week at the moment (thanks Dad for watering them for me, gotta love retirees) So the time I spend with them is all about maintainence, not taking high quality photos.

Saying that though, I don't think my entry got close to being competitive, so I am not too fussed. Some of the trees came out far better than I expected and that is a credit to the growers who entered.
Jarrod

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em green.
Craig
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Melaleuca
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Craig »

Hi Mela, it's a real shame you didn't have more time. These 2 tree are looking really good :clap: , Cheers for showing them,,,,Craig
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

Com'n Mela no one said that the final entry had to be submitted over the Christmas New year period. I can see a final submission from Jonas in early November. Your last post on your thread was over a year ago in November 09. That's alot of house work :shifty:
This contest must have the least rules I have ever seen for an online bonsai contest ;)
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Mojo Moyogi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Elm, Hornbeam, Pine, Larch and Cedar
Bonsai Age: 22
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by Mojo Moyogi »

Jarrod wrote: At the moment I am lucky to see my trees once a week at the moment (thanks Dad for watering them for me, gotta love retirees)
I can relate to that, my Dad is retired too but is a black thumb in the garden, so I prefer to rely on my adopted American Indian Dad: Rain-Bird. :)

Cheers,
Mojo
...Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Shohin...

"Any creative work can be roughly broken down into three components- design, technique and materials. Good design can carry poor technique and materials but no amount of expertise and beautiful materials can save poor design". Andrew McPherson - Furniture designer and artist
Jarrod
Treat em mean
Treat em mean
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society and Bonsai Society of Victoria

Post by Jarrod »

Guess I am blessed then. My old man grows a lot of orchids so has a good understanding of the potted plants requirements. Plus I am constantly schooling him ;)
Jarrod

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em green.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

Pup wrote:Despite all of my urging and Bumping reminders, for posting your final submissions. The amount that actually did it is very disappointing.
To which I have drawn the conclusion that you withdrew your entry.
Just went through and moved all contest entry threads that had not been updated at all this year. I put them in the general Literati contest discussion area so they are not lost. Although we expect some to drop out along the way I must agree with Pups disappointment considering many of these entries are from very active members and moderators. If these entries where withdrawn I think it would have been polite to state so instead of just ignoring the requests for updates.
How rude :tounge:

That leaves 12 entries each in new and aged stock and some great entries they are so let the judging begin :hooray:
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

I am very upset at all this, the rules were stated when the comp began in 2009. Then as Brett pointed out, some had not been updated in any way since the first post.Again as stated some big names.

I even sent PMs to some hoping for them to post an update.

I thank you very much for that Brett, it has made it so much easier. I will endeavour over the next coming days to finish. So that the points can be collated.

I say the next couple of days, I have a junior class on Tuesday of 36, today I have to pick up the stock. Then rush home and water again as we are going to be getting 40plus temps for the next 4to 5 days and where I live we can expect at least another 3-4 on top of Perth's.

So it seems we are all very busy, I do not know how I managed, before I retired because, I do not have enough time during my day to do all that has to be done.

Happy New Year. :aussie: :beer: :beer: :beer: Cheers Pup

bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Good onya Pup :aussie: Absolutely no rush on this. Watering and keeping trees alive is more important than the comp. All us Bonsai'ists have infinite patience and tolerance, dont we :?: :lost:
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue

Post by Pup »

Hi Lee, I have just noticed that your trees, that you posted here, were photographed mid December. Why did you not post them then or later after all the bumps and pleading and PM sent.

As I sad sorry, but the rules were there from the beginning.

Pup

Return to “AusBonsai Literati Contest 2009”