Kunzea

To further our understanding and skills in creating and refining the Literati Bunjin style!
Note: This Contest is already closed

Moderator: Bretts

peppermintjones
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines, maples
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: yarra valley bonsai society

Kunzea

Post by peppermintjones »

Here is my kunzea (ambigua?) for the aged styled stock purchased a couple of years ago at the Vic. bonsai society show. I didnt really have an idea for the tree at the time just really liked the trunk line it also looked very healthy.
The tree stands at about 50 cm x 40 cm wide and its in a 10 inch pot, over the last couple of years i've mainly been trying to reduce the rootball, pruned some major branches and done a small amount of wiring.
By the end of the comp i hope to have it in a round pat kennedy pot also i'll try to get a rough drawing of what i'd like it to look like and take some more pics of different angles.
Andrew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peppermintjones
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines, maples
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: yarra valley bonsai society

Re: Kunzea

Post by peppermintjones »

couple more pics
julyaugust 09 275.jpg
julyaugust 09 276.jpg
julyaugust 09 277.jpg
sorry about the bad pic quality, future ones will be better decided to enter at the last minute. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stymie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cedrus Lonicera & Larix
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: SYBS DDGC BGS FOBBS

Re: Kunzea

Post by stymie »

The right kind of material. I think the final choice of front might be slightly different but you have it in front of you. Keep beavering and show the next stage.
My name is Don. I'm a UK nutter and bonsaiholic but I'm on medication (when I can find the tablets)

ad sum ard labor.

Return to “AusBonsai Literati Contest 2009”