Bodi's Prize Pot

To further our understanding and skills in creating and refining the Literati Bunjin style!
Note: This Contest is already closed

Moderator: Bretts

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Bodi's Prize Pot

Post by Bretts »

My latest little batch of pots is out of the Kiln. Being an amature that has not spent enough time on the wheel or in the glazing room I knew I was asking alot of myself to expect what I call Export quality for Bodi's prize pot so the joy of antisipation was also mixed with fear before I saw them :?

Although I see much to like I would not class any of them as export quality. The pot that Bodi liked the most before Glazing is meant to be brown with white highlights but turned out grey with brown highlihts. The drainage hole is also just a little high (something I notice not all potters care about but I will not class them as export quality unlles drainage is perfect) but should be fine with the tie down holes on the very outside of the pot.
The Green pot is very nice but for some reason I have still not fixed the problem of some of my feet sticking, even though I checked and triple checked that the oxide I was using for the feet had no glaze in it. This can cause the feet to chip when removingas happened on a couple in this batch.
I will be in trouble from the ladies at the pottery club for that but all I can think of from here is to make up a fresh batch of oxide wash and make sure I use it just for my feet. Maybe even a seperate brush :lost:

I expected warping in a couple of my older pots but am very happy to have the green and grey pot almost perfectly straight.
Well anyway Bodi I have decided to give you the pick of this bunch as you have waited long enough. With the promise that I still owe you an export quality pot from my next batch ;)
pots 002.jpg
pots 003.jpg
pots 004.jpg
pots 005.jpg
pots 006.jpg
pots 007.jpg
pots 008.jpg
pots 009.jpg
pots 010.jpg
pots 011.jpg
pots 012.jpg
pots 013.jpg
pots 014.jpg
pots 015.jpg
pots 017.jpg
pots 018.jpg
pots 019.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Re: Bodi's Prize Pot

Post by bodhidharma »

Well, i have a dilemma. I like the pot you have made for me but it is not signed. I also like the brown and white one and it IS signed. What to do.. what to do :lost: .Can you sign the blue/grey and brown one :?: If yes, i would love that one, if no i will have the brown and white one please. :tu:

Bodhi.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

Bugger that is another thing the ladies are at me about :palm: I will see what I can do :fc:
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

I managed to get my B and the year on it for you Bodi. :shifty: If you are happy with that PM me your address an I will post it over to you.
pots 022.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Your a legend. thanks Bretts :tu: I will P.M you my details.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"

Return to “AusBonsai Literati Contest 2009”