dayne
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper, pine
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: sunshine coast

Re: juniper squamatta literati

Post by dayne »

well its been a few months now and ive been letting this one rest as it had a lot of foliage removed heres its current state ready for a bit more thining out and branch selection
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

Pup
dayne wrote:well its been a few months now and ive been letting this one rest as it had a lot of foliage removed heres its current state ready for a bit more thining out and branch selection

Unfortunately I see two tree's and lots of foliage, cannot distinguish them. Cheers :)
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
dayne
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dayne »

well got this thing out on monday as i had a wet day got out the big boys toys and gave it a nudge first i wasnt happy with the front so i lost all the side big branches and moved to a new apex and rotated the tree back to the left to get the great base right .
then next the trees apex was to far to the left but was to thick to bend so out came the ozito carver where i carved a deep thin trench in the inside bend to help relieve the strain this was about 15mm deep and will soon become part of a huge twisted shari the healing around this part of the tree should allso help it hold when the wires come of still along way to go but things happen quick up here as it dosnt slow down for long.
the apex still needs refining and a lot of work but hey rome wasnt built in a day. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kvan64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: black pine
Bonsai Age: 16

Post by kvan64 »

dayne wrote:any one else have any ideas
I feel that it still have too much folliage to be literati. My virt is a bit messy but just to show my idea.
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Bonsai is an art of shrinking.
craigw60
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: many
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: yarra valley

Post by craigw60 »

Hi Dayne,
The essence of the bunjin style is simplicity. the tree should have only have a few short branches and a crown. because these trees have thin trunks the short branches will give the trunk a feeling of power. The last pic you put up your tree looked a little complex.You have a great piece of material there go slowly with it and spend lots of time contemplating it. look at lots of pics of old bujin trees and study their design.
Craig
dayne
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dayne »

thanks guys you are all right but after the carve and big bend i thought it best to let it sit for a bit i have found if you rush these junis they roll over and die but it has been cut back last week and is pushing new growth will update with photos when this rain stops so prob some time in june hahahaa :lol:

Return to “New Stock”