[Category 3] Newcomer's Attempt: Melaleuca Linariifolia.

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Glenda
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Swamp Cypress, Bouganvillea,
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: Mackay Bonsai Club

[Category 3] Newcomer's Attempt: Melaleuca Linariifolia.

Post by Glenda »

Hi. This was my first attempt at 'styling' a tree, although I am sure it is not finished yet. I bought this as a seedling about 8 months ago, and have used the clip and grow method to get it here (as this is the extent of my expertise). This is an example of a 'newcomer' being to anxious to get something in a pot, and probably needs much more development before it should be in a pot, but I am guilty as charged.
This tree is a Melaleuca Linariifolia Little Red. It is 150 mm high and 120 mm wide, in an unknown pot brought from B@#$ings (forgive me, I am a newcomer living in a town with no bonsai dealers).
Dscf0510.jpg
I have been trying to learn about bonsai for almost 12 months now, so I hope I have this in the right category!

Glenda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Knowledge is not a heavy thing to carry around" - JB Taylor (my father)
"The more you learn the more you earn" - JB Taylor
"There are exceptions to every rule, but to be an exception, you must first be exceptional" - Me
smith
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: [Category 3] Newcomer's Attempt: Melaleuca Linariifolia.

Post by smith »

Hey Glenda, how is that linarifolia going. I know it's been awhile but can you send in a new photo
Cheers Adam
Last edited by smith on August 16th, 2013, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”