(Category 1) Clerodendrum Inerme

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

bonsaiworld
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 35
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast Tweed Bonsai Club Inc, Toowoomba Bonsai Group and Bimer Bo

(Category 1) Clerodendrum Inerme

Post by bonsaiworld »

OWNED & TRAINED: Carole
HEIGHT: 53 cm
WIDTH: 49 cm
AGE: Unknown, it was collected from wild about 2004 or 5
IN TRAINING: About 6 years
LIVES IN: Queensland

History: I am not totally sure of the past history. I bought the tree in May 2006 and believe it was collected a year or so before that. Since I have owned it I have removed a lot of the branches and reduced some of the gins. The top has been totally reshaped. From memory it was twin trunk, but too busy for my liking so I removed all of the smaller trunk expect for the lowest branch, which I now use for balance.

I didn’t know these were Australian natives until it was confirmed by Jamie today so thought I would share this little chap with you.

All he asks for is to be trimmed all the time in summer, fed well and kept very moist. In fact I sit him in a shallow tray of water during summer. :D He responds well to regular rootpruning and if he doesn’t get it he suffers weakness and dieback of the branches. :evil:

Cheers Carole
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: (Category 1) Clerodendrum Inerme

Post by Greth »

Love the shape of this tree, looking good!
If you are not killing plants, then you are not extending yourself as a gardener..
bonsaiworld
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast Tweed Bonsai Club Inc, Toowoomba Bonsai Group and Bimer Bo

Post by bonsaiworld »

Greth wrote:Love the shape of this tree, looking good!
Thank you. I :D love the quote, because I have certainly killed trees. :cry:
Cheers Carole
Jamie
Bonsai passionardo
Bonsai passionardo
Favorite Species: CLERO!!!,ficus, celtis, juniper, elms
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: AUSBONSAI.COM

Post by Jamie »

this is awesome aswell carole :D great work, love it! i tend to leave mine on the slightly drier side i havent had a prob doing that or any dieback, i look forward to mine getting as ramified as this one, the ramification is great!
SHOHIN YAKUZA!!!
:twisted: taking the top half of trees of since 2005! :twisted:
and growing trees for the future generations! 50+ year plans :D
bonsaiworld
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by bonsaiworld »

Jamie wrote:this is awesome aswell carole :D great work, love it! i tend to leave mine on the slightly drier side i havent had a prob doing that or any dieback, i look forward to mine getting as ramified as this one, the ramification is great!
Yeah I like it Jamie, it is so easy to work and as you know, it grows so fast. The pocket I live in just might be hotter than where you are. I lived in Bundaberg for a few years and the climate was 'perfect'. In the Gold Coast hinterland where we are fairly high up, we get extremely hot summers and cooler winters. Over time I have found if the cleros dry out they are in trouble but maybe it could be the different soil mixes we use. Mine is a very open mix and dries out within 24 hours.

Thanks for sharing. Carole :D

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”