[Category 2] Lepstospermum Laevigatum

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

lowlegs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives
Bonsai Age: 4

[Category 2] Lepstospermum Laevigatum

Post by lowlegs »

have had this tree for less then a year bought it from a local nursery, and have potted it just recently in a tokoname pot i picked up for $6. i was unsure about the styling of this tree but it is coming along very well thanks to the rapid growth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steven on February 18th, 2010, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put [Category 2] into title
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Lepstospermum Laevigatum

Post by Watto »

Hi Lowlegs,
I don't mind the tree, but feel it might be improved with the removal of the root that comes out straight at me!
Now, where do you get tokoname pots for $6.00? You know your secret will be safe with me, I won't tell anyone! Promise.
Cheers
Watto
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lowlegs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Lepstospermum Laevigatum

Post by lowlegs »

This tree is intended to be [categoy 2]
lowlegs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [Category 2] Lepstospermum Laevigatum

Post by lowlegs »

the new front :D its coming along quite well now just have to work on the taper :roll: but i dont want too much because they are a reasonably thin looking tree and am going for its natural look :) i might slip a small rock under that exposed root to give it a root over rock look...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lowlegs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by lowlegs »

have placed a rock under the exposed root and it fitted perfectly and is looking ideal. :D now i have a couple of questions 1) when is the best time to perform a shari on a tree? 2) would my lepto be able to handle it? 3) how long should i wait for it till i place lime sulphur on it?
i am thinking of removing the top branch and making a spiralling shari from the top of that side going down behind and back to the front to see if i can cheat a lil to give it a more tapered look just ever so slighly ;) what do you think of my ideas? worth doing?
open to any more ideas
cheers lowlegs
lowlegs
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by lowlegs »

some last minute pics just to show the work ive done its coming along nicely :D a good couple of years and she ll be a beauty... 8-)
31032010233.jpg
31032010244.jpg
31032010248.jpg
i also thined out the foliage a touch and worked on the top a bit!cheers for veiwing my progress am sure to chuck up some more pics of her in the future ;)

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”