[category 2] Queensland small leaf ficus

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Jamie
Bonsai passionardo
Bonsai passionardo
Favorite Species: CLERO!!!,ficus, celtis, juniper, elms
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: AUSBONSAI.COM

[category 2] Queensland small leaf ficus

Post by Jamie »

hey all, this is my first entry into category two, it is a Queensland small leaf ficus that i got on the 30th of december last year, so it has only been in training for a bit over a month. i will post a bit of a run through from start to now, it has gone through quite a dramatic change in just over a month and it just seems to love life in its pot at the moment!

you will have to excuse a few of the pictures as i didnt think i would ever be entering a tree into a competition show.
twin trunk.jpg
Fig def.jpg
Fig.jpg
note after the first wiring i repotted the tree so it was sitting higher in the pot show more nebari flare
QSLficus27th.jpg
Fns.jpg
lastest shots, i dont think i will get a flush of new growth for this one if i defoliate now, but i will probably defoliate in a few weeks to show the structure of the tree
Qsl fig f.jpg
Qsl fig.jpg
Qsl fig top.jpg
tree dimensions in mm- height from soil- 185mm, width of trunk- 50mm, width of canopy- 340mm, depth of canopy- 230mm

so thats it for now, overall it has been a very interesting journey with this little tree, it has powered on over the past month and i am quite happy with the outcome so far :D

hope you have enjoyed the progression and thanks for looking :D

jamie :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SHOHIN YAKUZA!!!
:twisted: taking the top half of trees of since 2005! :twisted:
and growing trees for the future generations! 50+ year plans :D

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”