[Category 2] Yamadori Casuarina - Windswept

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Ryan1979b
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper/Maple/Casuarinas
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: none

[Category 2] Yamadori Casuarina - Windswept

Post by Ryan1979b »

This was actually a by product of the triple trunk that I have also posted, when chopping the roots up for collection I accidentally tore it of the side of the main trunk (which can be seen in the photo's). My axe skills were pretty bad hehehe. After doing this i decided to bury it in the road side drainage canal, as it was damp soil and a month later when I came back to collect the Triple trunk this little fella was charging along. (it also was a root sucker)

The design may be a little over the top or conflicting with large dead wood but I though I would have some fun with it. I wanted to create the idea of a large old tree finally blown over & almost dead with new growth whisping around it tackling the winds. All the dead wood shown was actually dead when I collected the tree. I going to jin some of the branches once developed and create nice flat pads on the remaining to try & thin out the foliage & create a definite shape.

Anyway I'm having fun with this one, hope you like it :D

Its about 400mm tall

350mm wide

Dug up & potted about 4 months ago

Price, as the same just materials
Casuarina Windswept 2.jpg
Casuarina Windswept 1.jpg
Casuarina Windswept 3.jpg
Cheers all

Ryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”