Japanese Maple rebuild

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Re: Japanese Maple rebuild

Post by TimS »

No point faffing about, the airlayer on the primary branch is now set and i'm committed to the new plan!

Not pretty but hopefully it does the job
alpb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Re: Japanese Maple rebuild

Post by TimS »

I've just been letting this tree run since the workshop, i haven't removed any of the shoots whatsoever, i plan to just leave them for the remainder of summer so come winter i have free choice of any of them for thread grafting. I haven't yet seen any root activity on the airlayer of the lowest branch, but it's not my primary objective anyway.
IMG_2023-12-11-19-52-20-510.jpg
IMG_2023-12-11-19-51-29-224.jpg

In other news the mystery of who the original grower of the tree was has been solved. I asked about the tree and if anyone recognised it or the handwriting of the notes at the BSV club meeting last month, and in less than 5 minutes a name was settled on; a lady who is no longer a member there and in her 90's these days who was active at the time and known for meticulous note taking. A current member later sent me a photo of her handwriting for confirmation and I'm absolutely positive it's the same as the handwriting on the notes of my tree. Nice to have that mystery solved!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Deciduous”